[APP] - version 2.13.X+ (updated 1.8.2013)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2013, 19:50:00

Menion

you mean re-install? Currently locus asks for downloading a library in case, you open "Points" screen. It do not bother as before during a work with map etc. And re-install was needed because previous version of Locus downloaded incorrect file (correct was missing), so it was needed to remove Locus to download new file
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

One question about new sat and compass screen: You have to open settings top right to disable the hardware compass. is it possible to program it like GPS screen? Only push in the center of compass to switch it on or off?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

yes it is possible. I was also thinking about a way how to use this "tap tap" system. But does it make a sense? Because it generally do not turn on/off compass. It just say whether to take source for compass rotation from hardware compass or from GPS.
  •  

jusc

it´s because I didn´t find at first how Ican disable the use of hardware compass. I don´t need it too very often. So for saving some battery, I disable it after installation of Locus. In the the released Locus versions it´s a bit easier to find.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

generally settings for this is in menu > settings > sensors. Button in satellite/compass screen is just a shortcut. Hmm I'll try it and we'll see in test version, why not on second side ...
  •  

ta-ka

It seems that several texts are still missing at the crowdin.net for translation while they are shown in the last locus release version. Could you please check the consistency of the texts between locus and crowdin.net ?

Here is a list of missing texts which I found so far. Some of those texts were discussed before the release of version 2.13.0 but it wasn't listed in the crowdin.net at that time. So I've been expected to be add at the next release.

- weather_visibility
  - sensor_orientation
  - tab_basic
  - text_size
  - guiding
  - add_new_point
  - geocache_disabled
  - map_screen
  - map_type_city
  - map_type_nautical
  - locus_world
  - search_wikipedia
  - geocaching_live
  •  

Mek

There is a mistake in message when a geocache has no waypoints: "Cache have no waypoints", should be "Cache has no waypoints".
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Menion

@Mek: thanks, my English in action ... fixed
@ta-ka: how did you get this list of "missing items"?

EDIT: btw, new test version finally with "small" suprise ;)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"22.7.2013 - Locus 2.13.1.5
Is it possible to include the updated crowdin translation files into the next test version too? thx

Menion

yes sure. so next time ... ;)
  •  

ta-ka

Hi menion.
About the list, there is no easy way to prepare but there is only looong way.

For the translation work, I tried almost every single menus/functions in locus, one by one, as much as I could, then assigned translations taking into account where/when/how the words appears in locus.
It requires real hassle but it makes the quality of translations much higher. As a by-product of the careful work, I've found some words are missing.

Translation into Japanese have some chance to obtain such by-product because of the language dissimilarity to English. It sometimes makes strange meaning on the screen and it is relatively easy to recognize. Of course I had to be careful.
  •  

Menion

ta-ka ... hat down!

I checked first two items and I see a message from crowdin "This string is marked as duplicate and should not be translated". So seems that it block translation, because in english, it has same meaning. Hmm ... I'll try to fix them.

You're doing really crazy (in good word meaning) good job. What may I do for you to repay this debt? :)

EDIT: there were few more items you miss, but generally you found all hidden items. Ufff, amazing :)
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: "menion"You're doing really crazy (in good word meaning) good job.
Thanks. I was crazy...

QuoteWhat may I do for you to repay this debt?
Locus is very useful for me in jogging/hiking/cycling/driving. That's already good enough.

By the way, I have more things to report. It is a list of words which are used at different place in locus for different context. I already reported such kind of list before. It was part of them.  I'll post new report when I finished summarizing.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "ta-ka"I'll post new report when I finished summarizing.
Oh Oh...  :lol:

Locus9999

Have been waiting for the automatic Google Play upgrade.
Last posting on Play is June 30, 2013 for ver  2.13.1.
  •