[APP] - version 2.13.X+ (updated 1.8.2013)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2013, 19:50:00

Menion

1) automatic correction download small file (around 2MB) from locus server - once! and then use this file to compute offset. So there is no need for internet connection

2) you may see different behaviour of this function. Because when you HAVE offline elevation data, then you see "dynamic altitude" value immediately as you move with map. So you move with map and this value change. This mean, Locus compute altitude value offline from downloaded file. Otherwise this value appear after cca 3-5s and in this case is used Google server and it's Google Elevation API service, so it's needed internet connection here

EDIT: hank, still moto defy? Because I received just two crashes with OutOfMemory on defy so I expect it's from you :). Hmm again in MapsForge. Damn ... and it's still happen even if I reduced a little bit memory consumption. Anyway if this happen on netherland map, then we have in mind an idea how to reduce memory requirements a lot. It will just need some time to prepare this.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Thanks for explaining the height info.

Now trying Locus 2.13.1.4

Start up is as fast, about ten seconds and yes, starts with a white screen that does not bother me. Zooming and panning maybe faster, hard to evaluate.
On zooming out I got the world map (after seperately downloading it and moving it to the right folder).
Got some crashes when zooming in again, probably when map auto load tried to switch to my own vector map again.
Attached log file.
World map is nice but maybe make it a choice when it "kicks in"; I would choose zoomlevel 11 than.

The name field at the top of the screen does not change to World Map and the World Map is not selectable through Maps or Quick Map Switch (probably intended?).

On 2.13.1.4 I get more often the processor 100% warning compared to 2.13.1.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Quote from: "menion"EDIT: hank, still moto defy? Because I received just two crashes with OutOfMemory on defy so I expect it's from you :). ....
Yeah, see above and logtxt. Was at home with data connection around 12.00 'o clock.
Defy has got a new battery. Next three weeks off to GR5 and try to see if I got back my 9 to 10 hours of guiding, as I was used to. Will tru 2.13.1.4 also for a day.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

ta-ka

I report what I found using test version 2.13.1.14.

- the text at the title bar of the "Map color mode" dialogue is wrong.
- on GPS screen, meaning of the texts (on/off) at the bottom button seems opposite.
- GPS on/off by tapping 2D sky view is very nice.  I think it will be also nice if the same function is available at the 3D sky view and the compass view.
  •  

jusc

after hillshade is enabled. I get some tiles with hillshades, others not. (With SGS2 no experiments with this pohne! It´s for cycling and not changed sice a year.  :mrgreen: )

It´s not clear if the hillshades are not shown, because they are not downloaded, or they are only not shown after scrolling to left/right (west/east).
It loks as if they will only loaded in the middle of the screen.
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "ta-ka"- on GPS screen, meaning of the texts (on/off) at the bottom button seems opposite.
yeah confused me too :)

Quote- GPS on/off by tapping 2D sky view is very nice.
Label "GPS on/off" is also wrong. Locus do NOT turn on/off my Global Positioning System.

QuoteI think it will be also nice if the same function is available at the 3D sky view and the compass view.
+1

Quote from: "jusc"It´s not clear if the hillshades are not shown, because they are not downloaded, or they are only not shown after scrolling to left/right (west/east). It loks as if they will only loaded in the middle of the screen.
Create a point in the empty area edit the point - altitude - new.
have you to download a file?

Menion

@ta-ka: thanks, texts were really opposite :). Taping on skyplot in 3D ... I'm still surprised how much people use this crazy screen. I'll anyway rather keep turning on/off by simple button at bottom

@jusc: shading should be visible on tiles, for which you have downloaded elevation data. What you see is nice example that on right side are these files missing, so I suggest as gynta suggested. Later will be in locus stored pack of elevation files for a specific country, but for now, gynta's method is best solution how to get elevation files you need.

Anyway what you and others think about this last hill-shading? I think it looks quite good :) Finally ...

@gynta: labels "GPS on/off" ... you know, it's neverending story ... place there "Gettings locations disabled" is quite long for a small sky circle ... and in the end, by tapping, you say locus to send request on GPS location to system, which mean Locus is app, that cause that your device start to receive GPS data ;)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"Anyway what you and others think about this last hill-shading? I think it looks quite good :) Finally
old question - old ansewere
hillshade disable/enable some labels
compare red underlined details
[attachment=0:3fqog7z9]hillshade.png[/attachment:3fqog7z9]

Quote.. by tapping, you say locus to send request on GPS location to system, which mean Locus is app, that cause that your device start to receive GPS data ;)
Menion,
I(!) know this.
But i hoped you want to have some new users without confusion  :D

Menion

- red texts: ... eh, what is problem with them? It's probably more on peter then on me. Anyway hillshading have absolutely no effect on content of map

- confusing texts: look on it from different point of view. If you do not understand anything, then is always better to see not precise, but clear description, then confusing description. "Obtaining location" or "My location" are for me little bit confusing, because it's not clear what happen, but both describe system better. "GPS on/off" is inaccurate description that lie ... but almost everyone know what is "GPS" and everyone know what this will do (at least everything think that know what this will do". ... so these labels aren't really simple. Best solution is to remove "Satellite screen" completely. Google Maps also do not need it :)
  •  

jusc

I not really agree, because the satellite screen shows me a bit more. If it takes some time to get a fix, I take this screen to verify. Without any information it's hard to decide, if I should restart GPS or the whole phone. :smile:
Regards J.
  •  

eldron

I agree with Jusc, i really like the satellite screen and find it very useful. So please keep it ;-)
  •  

Menion

don't worry, it was a joke :)) .. now it's also merged with compass into one screen and from my field testing, it's mega-useful :)
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"@tommi: yes :) nad thanks for log, it's a problem with missing native lib that will be in next version
Problem with Vector maps in VM still present in 2.13.1.4.
  •  

Menion

hmm should be, because I've not tested it. Have to install any VM later. Anyway try please just re-install your locus. Maybe it should help
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"hmm should be, because I've not tested it. Have to install any VM later. Anyway try please just re-install your locus. Maybe it should help
Yep, uninstall and new install helped.
Is this the intended way when adding a new library? I guess not.
  •