[APP] - version 2.13.X+ (updated 1.8.2013)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2013, 19:50:00

balloni55

QuoteI'm already two days with unknown disease in bed
:(
good convalescence :!:
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Thanks, at least some free time to test some fearures :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"EDIT: anyway in the end, this will be automated process, so user will not care about this
about world map.

Should'nt the map name in the title bar changed to "world" for zoom 1-8?

gazoox

Quotenews:
main news:
- introducing new map of the world as vector map that cover world for 1-8 zoom levels when using vector maps (extract attached file into Locus/mapsVector directory and enjoy)
+1

A nice future improvement after this feature arrives might be an option to use a sqlite map...

Sorry if this sounds annoying. Using a bitmaps targets exactly my demands. Maybe not now, maybe in the future..
  •  

jusc

One hint, if you try to store a track, the keyboard overlaps the information screen.The buttons for "Store" "Quit" "OK" are behind the keyboard top down. That´s new, but not a good solution I think.  ;)
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Jürgen, your device is really strange..

PeterPablo

I have the same behaviour on my Galaxy S2. It is probably due to the installed keyboard (SwiftKey).
Peter
  •  

jusc

Thank you for answer. I changed the rom because I had some problems outside from Locus. Most of these problems are gone, but other problems were born like this "keyboard" problem. :)
So now I changed the rom back and this problem ig gone again. It´s seems not to be a problem with swiftkey.
Now I´m waiting which new problems that will come in future.  :mrgreen:
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

uff first topic with test version and some nice improvements :)

about track and point edit screens - same happen to Hanka on some custom rom on SGS2. On Note2, Galaxy Nexus and Xoom no problems like this, so I think it's some problem in rom, nothing more ...
  •  

Menion

eh I just too late discovered that world map is not correctly coloring ... so in next version, sorry ;). Here at least, how it should look like (little bit better then plain green color)

[attachment=0:2v7tmz62]device-2013-07-20-195522.png[/attachment:2v7tmz62]
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
I have a GPS problem with all test versions >2.13.1 (free and pro market version).
I get always fewer satellites, later a fix or no fix at all (even with enough sats).
The whole last week I tested all possibilities.
E.g. with the test version I had after 30 minutes 5-6 sats and no fix. I booted the SM, again no fix under a free sky. Then I started the pro version and as usual after 10-15 secs a fix. A new start of the test version had the same bad result.
The app GPS Test Plus shows enough sats and a fast fix too.

I tried all test versions 2.13.1.1 -.3.

Did you change anything with the GPS since 2.13.1?
I installed the test version again and made all settings new but had no success.

I was always using the test versions.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

Hi tramps, I'm comparing month old code and except yesterday change with some notifications, there is absolutely no change that should affect GPS handling. Another mystery? Hmm only thing that affect GPS directly before you see it in skyplot etc. are

- filling altitude (automatic)
- GPS auto-off

so check if both features are disabled. Maybe some of them may couse problems. Anyway I just turned of GPS in locus and even indoor I had fix after few seconds ...
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Maybe there was a change since 2.12.x because first time with 2.13.1 I had to change my manual height correction from -40 to -60 meter to get correct values in dynamic altitude.

I have no gps-fix problem with 2.13.1

Maybe I try 2.13.4 later.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

hmm there should be no need to modify defined altitude offset on same place on earth. It's a constant value that do not change in time. Best is to use automatic offset, because it's computed from world geoid model and it's values are enough precise for mobile device. Fact that you "needed to change this offset by 20m" ... hmm how precise you think, that altitudes from your Defy are? If they are +-20, then it's quite precise mobile :)

btw. I really suggest new test version, because vector maps, mainly on slower devices, should be again a lot faster
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Ok, two questions then:
* does automatic offset, computed from world geoid model need a constant data connection?
* what value is used to show near the cursor when I select dynamic altitude under map - objects & style ?
 This is the one that you can place "right of the icon" or "under the icon".
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •