[APP] - version 2.13.X+ (updated 1.8.2013)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2013, 19:50:00

CaptKaos2

As I had a major failure in my HTC One V yesterday, I had to revert to my Desire C. I wanted to give it a geocaching test, so to kill 2 birds with one stone I loaded the test version to try on the trip.
The Proximity Sensor works a treat once I realised it had to be switched on in "Settings - Global". There were a few spurious switching, but I put that down to going from full sun into wooded shade.
I too, like tommi initially put the World map directly into the Locus/mapsVector , but since returning home have deleted them and copied over the full _world folder. Now they are unavailable in the Free version but are visible in the Pro, exactly as jusc posted.

Lastly I tried to log on to GC Live, having first checked that my nick on geocaching.com was entered , all I get is a red box with Unexpected problem - please contact me with a description of your problem..

edit
One thing I forgot to mention on the World map. Either the sea level has risen drastically or the map is wrong, approx 3 miles of the South Devon coast has disappeared under water. Maybe I should have built that Ark when we had floods last year. :D
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"exactly. jusc just choose any vector map and zoom to level 8 and below ... that's all ...
Ahh, I got it ... very nice. Thanks
Regards J.
  •  

CaptKaos2

Quote from: "menion"It also do not matter if you have enabled auto-loading. World vector map should not be visible in list of vector maps! and is used automatically. So in all cases, it's used for levels 1 - 8

Sorry should have read this first. Now I understand :oops:
  •  

Mek

There is a bug in 2.13.1. If I download geocaches using the G4L app (or import just one cache according to a GC code) and choose an existing category that already contains geocaches (while all of them are already shown on the map), then after new geocaches are imported to that category, all other geocaches from it disappear from the map. In Data / Points / (category name), all geocaches are still checked as displayed. After exiting and relaunching Locus, everything is OK.
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

gynta

Not sure - since last versions it seems i see the insipid white start screen longer time as before.
Enough time to make a screenshot and more... :roll:
[attachment=0:1jb2v895]Locus.png[/attachment:1jb2v895]

I'm looking what other apps are doing at start sequence.
Most of them show me a normal neutral black/grey screen.
eg(!):
[attachment=1:1jb2v895]AdvancedMV.png[/attachment:1jb2v895]

Is it possible to see also a black/grey screen while Locus is starting?
Similar other ideas?

gynta

Maps -> Online -> Download map -> Select path:

gynta

Edit a point -> Location -> Pencil -> Points:

tommi

the requested dark background (at least from a user's pov) goes also a little in the direction of a dark theme for Locus https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/support_amoled
  •  

silber1

I have installed 2.13.3.
But always 2.13.1 starts. What do I have to change?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "silber1"I have installed 2.13.3.
But always 2.13.1 starts. What do I have to change?
start free - not pro

gynta

compass landscape

Menion

@gynta: longer white screen - I also noticed this and don't know why this happen. I was measuring and testing it a lot and cannot find real reason. Seems that it really starts to need a loading screen (splash screen) more then before

pickup tracks/points - thanks fixed

text in landscape .. hmm and what should I do with it? :) I was thinking about placing "GPS" button into gps screen as now and "Compass" button into screen with compass
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"hmm and what should I do with it? :) ...
yes, move this button to an new compass screen ;) how? hm, don't know  :mrgreen:

Menion

Hi guys, unfortunately I'm already two days with unknown disease in bed, so some news and testing versions will have small delay :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

@menion
Get well soon!
Regards J.
  •