[APP] - version 2.13.X+ (updated 1.8.2013)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2013, 19:50:00

Menion

ah understand :) ... it works in little bit different way

1. sit on sofa, take a beer and relax
2. check you have really set this parameter to other value then 0
3. check if you have disabled GPS in Locus
4. plan any track by navigate to, or use any guiding (check if you have enabled notification or some voice)
5. final, imagine that your GPS location is center red cross! So just move with map and your center red cross (that will also move above map) will simulate your current location. In this way, it normally work even without special settings. But settings in config.cfg file cause, that you center cross will also have a speed, so locus should compute some voice orders based on your speed

better? if not, I should try to create also some video on PC
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"better? if not, I should try to create also some video on PC
Thanks for more detailled instructions but no, not better. Nothing moves and no voice. Even not after third beer ;-)
Actually this is how I originally did it.
  •  

stebu

I'm no sure if this has been mentioned before? But when I move a POI from one category to another, the source POI list still shows the moved POI. If I try to view it, Locus crashes!
If I reload the source POI list, the moved POI is gone and everything is fine. So only a minor hick-up :)

edit
I just downloaded 2.13.1. I cannot hide the right panel? I normally have a setting to hide it after 10s inactivity.
I checked and the setting was still the same, but the panel didn't go away.
Then I changed the setting to hide always, but the panel just keeps sitting there????
  •  

Menion

@tommi: sorry ... I was almost and hour searching in code why this happen to you and finally found it ... this "voice simulation" is enabled only in a test version :) (for example last one on dropbox)

@stebu: thanks, "moving point" problem fixed. About right panel ... hey, this should work :). Did you tried just close and open Locus?
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"@tommi: sorry ... I was almost and hour searching in code why this happen to you and finally found it ... this "voice simulation" is enabled only in a test version :) (for example last one on dropbox)
Ah, this explains why it worked for gynta but not for me and jusc.
Would you mind to add it in general?
Should it work also for the other track based TTS features (Notify when too far away from track, Notify when switching to another point)? (Yes, please!)
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"1. sit on sofa, take a beer and relax

next time relaxing on sofa, my beer is sponsered by menion.  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

ah yes, you both has beers on me :D

I'll look at it tommi, it won't be a problem probably ...
  •  

stebu

Quote from: "menion"@stebu: About right panel ... hey, this should work :). Did you tried just close and open Locus?
I've tried everything, change settings and close/open Locus with different settings in effect, restarted the phone, changed right panel contents. But nothing helps, right panel is "stuck"!???
Is there something new in config file that could cause this?
  •  

Menion

hmm no, only change was this one https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... or_version , but in this case, I should expect exactly same problem to more users then just you. I'll check the code and in worst case, I'll ask you for a log from next test version.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hi;) I do not know if this is only seeming, but in latest version(s) I feel the map manager dialog it takes longer to open and render than before. I notice there's even some animation effect on expand. If that would be possible make all UI effects turnable off, preferably somewhere in general prefs, so that Locus behaves as much smooth as possible. Alternately I would like to have the quick map picker available on maps manager long press. Would that be possible?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "Bucky Kid"..I notice there's even some animation effect
Well, now that you mention it, sometimes it stucks.
hmm windows animation - like w95 - who need it?

stebu

Quote from: "menion"hmm no, only change was this one https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... or_version , but in this case, I should expect exactly same problem to more users then just you. I'll check the code and in worst case, I'll ask you for a log from next test version.
Mea culpa :) For some reason the setting "Panel hide condition" was set to "landscape" and therefore the side panel stuck. When I changed it to "both", everything works fine.
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
I tried the dropbox test version but I can not get one satellite, the market version shows 5-7. I am sure you changed something :-(

edit
Sorry I don't know what happened :
I tried three times: test version no satellites, pro several satellites.
One hour later I see no difference :-)
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "gynta"
Quote from: "Bucky Kid"..I notice there's even some animation effect
Well, now that you mention it, sometimes it stucks.
hmm windows animation - like w95 - who need it?
There's also a (in my opinion redundant) animation for the menu.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"ah understand :) ... it works in little bit different way

1. sit on sofa, take a beer and relax
2. check you have really set this parameter to other value then 0
3. check if you have disabled GPS in Locus
4. plan any track by navigate to, or use any guiding (check if you have enabled notification or some voice)
5. final, imagine that your GPS location is center red cross! So just move with map and your center red cross (that will also move above map) will simulate your current location. In this way, it normally work even without special settings. But settings in config.cfg file cause, that you center cross will also have a speed, so locus should compute some voice orders based on your speed

better? if not, I should try to create also some video on PC
Sorry, to kick in again. Gynta and I don't understand what the speed setting really does. Map shifts and voice commands only if map is moved by hand - independent of the speed setting, it works this way with speed 0.0 exactly as with speed 10.0.
Could you enlighten us?
  •