[Theme] V-Scale

Started by jusc, June 27, 2013, 17:33:01

jusc

@menion,
I could find the developer options at Android 4.3 but I couldn't find the "Take bug report" tap as described in the linked manual. :(
Btw. strange, but in the moment I can't reproduce the issue.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

you can't? weird. It really have to be there, maybe not the first in list. Or if you have rooted device, you may use CatLog program. Anyway if you can't reproduce it, then there is nothing to solved :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Right ;D, it´s because I have threaten my phone to log it.   ::) But I fear one day ....
Regards J.
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

I tried to remove

<pathText k="ele" font-style="bold" font-size="10" fill="#7C583A" stroke="#ffffff" stroke-width="2.5" />

in

<rule e="way" k="contour_ext"

to not see anymore the altitude values from contour-lines but I still see them.

What do I do wrong? 
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

jusc

Sorry for the delay..

For me it works.
Did you leave the original V-Scale_Hike.xml in the folder. Then you have to delete it, if you rename your file to V-Scale_Hike2014.xml.
Regards J.
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

In the V-Scale_Hike 2014 folder is just the V-Scale_Hike 2014.xml. There is a separate V-Scale_Hike folder with the  V-Scale_Hike.xml file. I deleted this one but still I see the altitude values.

The altitude values are visible from Zoom 15-22

Here is the map I am using:
https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/32b219a1480bf16c19b99de550b3c54f20140418154939/9b7118d0785cdcc28b786b8636128f0620140418154939/f6575e
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

jusc

???  ??? Are you kidding me?
For this kind of maps the "Mapsforge" themes don´t work. All themes are  looking the same with this "Garmin" map.

You should use maps from OpenAndroMaps.

Gerade gesehen: Sehr witzig, kann es sein, dass Du dort bereits im feinsten Deutsch als "Ivo" nach einer Karte von Nunavut gefragt hast? http://www.openandromaps.org/downloads/kanada.

But is it possible you asked already one year ago for a map there? There asked an "Ivo" for maps from Nunavut 

Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: ivolino on April 18, 2014, 17:51:04Here is the map I am using:

This is a GARMIN.img map
Here we talking about VECTOR.map themes.
Do you know the difference?

edit
ah to late

Ivo Nörenberg

No I don't know the difference between Garmin and Vector maps  :(

Is there a "Mapsforge" theme without altitude values? Or how can I adjust Mapsforge themes?
Not everyone can be a Locus or map professional, sorry.

And yes "jusc" I was already looking for a map from Nunavut and thats the problem, there is no one from OpenAndroMaps! The only one I could find is the one from Garmin V2 but Garmin V4 is not working anymore with IMG maps so Locus can't read them. The Ibycus map is quite bad on Ellesmere Island.
Luckily I could encourage a Canadian OSM mapper to make a map from Ellesmere Island right now  :)
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

jusc

1. Vector maps
Garmin "img" maps like maps from http://openmtbmap.org are vector maps too. Only with vector maps it is possible to navigate (routing), if it is implemented in the maps and the software (p. e. Garmin firmware on 62s, Oregon, Montana or TwoNav on Sportiva or Aventura with *."vmap" maps) can work with. Locus isn´t able to route/navigate with routable vector maps at the moment. Locus needs "external" services like OSRM, Yours as online services or BRouter app as an offline service (app).

So Locus is able to work with both types of vecor maps rendered a. with "Mapsforge" (Locus Store maps or OpenAndroMaps or the Freizeitkarte)
and  b. rendered for Garmin devices like the map Ivolino has posted.
But only for Mapsforge maps are offered switchable themes, like these V-Scale themes.
All the themes don´t work with "img" maps for Garmin devices like Ivolinos map!
For changing the typ files for "img" maps you can use the TYPViewer (https://sites.google.com/site/sherco40/) or MapTk (http://maptk.dnsalias.com/).
So Ivolino, that´s what you are looking for  :)

2. Raster maps
On the other side there are raster maps, like all useable online maps in Locus like Openstreetmap, Google, Bing Mapquest etc.
These maps are only tiles (or pictures, most *."pngs" or *."jpgs") collected in the the Locus databaes if the tiles are stored or downloaded. These "picture" better raster maps don´t have any  type files or themes you can change.

Regards J.
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

Sorry I don't understand. Do I build a theme with TYPViewer or can I change the properties of the IMG file?
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

Menion

ivolino sorry, but please forget on IMG maps. Their support in Locus is incomplete and plans on improvements are minimal. So please, forget on them. If you need to use IMG maps, I suggest to use OruxMaps. There is probably no better solution on Android for this task for now.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

Oh yes, OruxMaps can even read the new Garmin map format! Really a pity that Locus can't get the new library.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •