[Theme] V-Scale

Started by jusc, June 27, 2013, 17:33:01

jusc

further development stopped.
new theme in preparation...

2013/08/09 Update of powerlines as proposed by john_percy in viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3187&p=21689#p22858

I´ve created a new theme bundle for OpenAndroMaps and maps from Locus store.
What´are the differences to the older Volatile themes?
In older themes, the icons become smaller and smaller as you zoom more into the map
These V(olatile)-Scale themes are full scalable, all icons (.png files) are changed to SVGs (scalable vector graphics). So it´s now possible to let the icons grow while zoom in.
A lot of the icons are inspired from openstreetmap ( https://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/ ... /map-icons).
Some I´ve created by my own.
The streets and the street names are now better visible.
The descriptions (refs) of the cycle and hike routes are placed along the routes for better visible.
I rounded the end of the wider lines for the refs, so the curves are looking a bit smoother and no longer disrupted.

a. V-Scale_Pure
the theme for sightseeing in the city
b. V-Scale_Hike
like a. plus hiking routes
c. V-Scale_Cycle
like a. plus cycle routes and mtb ways. (including track grades and up and down difficulties)
You´ll see also some barriers at zoom level 17 and up.
not yet available OCM and Winter. (I´m thinking about)

The themes are developed with a Samsung Note 2 and controlled with a Galaxy S2 and Defy.
I hope, they are usefull for you with other phones too.
So please let me know.
click for better view

For installation unzip the bundle in ..Locus/mapsVector/_themes directory of Locus. Don´t forget to restart Locus.

further development stopped.
new theme in preparation...
Regards J.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: bearkvarc

jusc

more screens

Regards J.
  •  

fred_999

Very nice, thank you.

Regards
Fred
  •  

eph

Very nice indeed.
One annoying problem, not only with this theme, but more here than with others: it shows almost no street names.
I already opened the xml to see if I can solve it myself, but not sure how Locus decides which names to show and which not?
(It's maybe also related to my "low" WVGA (800 x 480) resolution?)

Is it possible to display more street names, especially when zooming to levels 17-18?
Also the lineweight of the residential streets (white) is very thick.

Sorry if I haven't seen all previous discussions, I'm completely new here  :oops:
Kind regards,
  •  

voldapet

Hi,
texts are generally weakness of mapsforge library which is used for rendering of vector map. Anyway there is new test version which contains some improvement in handling of text. Try it If you want: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3189#p21696
  •  

john_percy

I've posted a message about a display bug which shows up on high zooms with power lines here: //http://forum.locusmap.eu/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3292&start=40#p22857

I edited the power lines section as a workaround:
      <!-- power lines  -->
       <rule e="way" k="power" v="*">
          <rule e="way" k="power" v="line" zoom-max="16">
             <line stroke="#799079" stroke-width="1.2" stroke-dasharray="3,44" stroke-linecap="butt" />
             <line stroke="#799079" stroke-width="0.2" stroke-dasharray="3,7,30,7" stroke-linecap="butt" />
          </rule>
          <rule e="way" k="power" v="line" zoom-min="17" zoom-max="19">
             <line stroke="#799079" stroke-width="0.8" stroke-dasharray="6,65" stroke-linecap="butt" />
             <line stroke="#799079" stroke-width="0.2" stroke-dasharray="6,10,45,10" stroke-linecap="butt" />
          </rule>
          <rule e="way" k="power" v="line" zoom-min="20">
             <line stroke="#799079" stroke-width="0.6" stroke-dasharray="9,88" stroke-linecap="butt" />
             <line stroke="#799079" stroke-width="0.2" stroke-dasharray="9,14,60,14" stroke-linecap="butt" />
          </rule>
          <rule e="way" k="power" v="minor_line" zoom-max="16">
             <line stroke="#799079" stroke-width="1.0" stroke-dasharray="3,32" stroke-linecap="butt" />
             <line stroke="#799079" stroke-width="0.15" stroke-dasharray="3,6,4,4,4,4,4,6" stroke-linecap="butt" />
          </rule>
          <rule e="way" k="power" v="minor_line" zoom-min="17" zoom-max="19">
             <line stroke="#799079" stroke-width="0.7" stroke-dasharray="6,48" stroke-linecap="butt" />
             <line stroke="#799079" stroke-width="0.15" stroke-dasharray="6,9,6,6,6,6,6,9" stroke-linecap="butt" />
          </rule>
          <rule e="way" k="power" v="minor_line" zoom-min="20">
             <line stroke="#799079" stroke-width="0.5" stroke-dasharray="9,64" stroke-linecap="butt" />
             <line stroke="#799079" stroke-width="0.15" stroke-dasharray="9,12,8,8,8,8,8,12" stroke-linecap="butt" />
          </rule>
       </rule>  
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

jusc

Thank you for this hint.
Can you please give me an example of coordinates to verify it?
And do you see it only with this theme or with other themes too?
Regards J.
  •  

john_percy

The points illustrated above are: N 52° 10.877' W 01° 00.129' and N 52° 10.574' W 00° 59.969'

The similar problem occurs with the Locus England map and the Locus built in Hiking & Cycling themes, which display major power lines (though I initially thought they did not).
  •  

voldapet

Hi,
do have any example (coordinates) for Locus internal themes, please? I've checked your example with major power lines and they seem OK for internal theme with England map.
  •  

kech61

Quote from: "john_percy"I edited the power lines section as a workaround:

Hi John,

Much better than my renderrule, I'v replaced it with your solution.

Thanks and best regards
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: "voldapet"Hi,
do have any example (coordinates) for Locus internal themes, please? I've checked your example with major power lines and they seem OK for internal theme with England map.
At N 52°10.877' W 01°00.130' the minor ticks (blobs) disappear at zoom 20 and above, and the major ticks disappear at zoom 22 (using internal Hiking theme and England map).
Exactly what happens seems to depend on the tile (probably not the orientation of the power line as I first thought) but for most tiles, the minor ticks (blobs) disappear at zoom 22. For example, at zoom 20 at N 52°11.244' W 01°00.538' (where tiles seem to join) the minor ticks are visible on the portion of the power line to the NW, but not to the SE at zoom 20. At that location, at zoom 22, minor ticks disappear on the NW section of the power line and both major and minor ticks disappear on the SE section.
[attachment=0:fj0bw9an]2013-08-09 15.14.07.jpg[/attachment:fj0bw9an]
  •  

jusc

hi John,

I agree with kech61 your solution is better. I replaced the lines inside the bundle in first post with your solution.
Thank you again
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Hi jusc,
I quite often use your themes, especially  V-Scale_Cycle.
Due to a crash of Locus I investigated a bit and found out that the crash seems to be in coincidence with this rule in the theme:
<rule e="node" k="shop" v="jewelry" zoom-min="18">
     <symbol src="file:../V-Scale/symbols/jewelry.svg" scale="0.65" scale-icon-size="17,1.2" />
</rule>
I can't find the referenced jewelry.svg in the symbols folder.
Could you provide a fix?
Thanks,
Thomas
  •  

jusc

Hi Tommi,

thank you for this hint. I added the  jewelry.svg in V-Scale-Bundle.zip in first post.
And Sorry for this.

PS: I´m working on an update of this theme bundle. Maybe next month...
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: jusc on October 26, 2013, 13:10:04
Hi Tommi,
thank you for this hint. I added the  jewelry.svg in V-Scale-Bundle.zip in first post.
And Sorry for this.
PS: I´m working on an update of this theme bundle. Maybe next month...
I should say thank you.
And an update is warmly welcome!

edit
Hi jusc,
I have few more mistakes for you:
shoes.svg
optican.svg ->optician.svg
diy-store.svg
boutique.svg
I cannot guarantee there are no more files missing :-)
Is there a chance for a systematic check that all referenced files are contained in the theme?

@Menion:
On my S3 (4.1.2) these missing files do not cause Locus crashes, but on my N7 (4.3) every missing .svg crashes the render thread. Different behaviour in Android?
  •