Question about zoom in

Started by jusc, March 11, 2011, 10:22:43

jusc

I downloaded a small area of the OSM Cyclemap in highest zoom level as offline map
I wonder about the difference between "zoom in" possibility with Locus and p.e. OsmAnd. Even in highest zoom level with Locus I get a view compareable with OsmAnd at about 100m (with the CycleMap)
With OsmAnd touching the  + Button I get a view at 50m and even 20m with next press the + Button.

a. Why have I to lock (?) the map in locus for higher zoom as ca. 100m?  Is it because of a difference between online/offline Map?
b. Is it possible to implement a scale on the map like |_100m_| or |_50m_| ?

J.
Regards J.
  •  

auric

About question b:
Go to Settings > Map, then check Scale
LM Pro - LocusMap 4 🥇
  •  

jusc

Thanks for your advice, I see now the scale . But |_ 177m_| or |_353m_| is this usual ?
J.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

don't know if this is usual :) maybe not ... anyway scale is half of screen

and why lock to zoom in? Zooming in when you have there no more zoom rescale your map into weird graphics so it's not usual. Also when you download only for example zoom 5 and 2, may I then zoom in into missing zooms and rescale image to this or not? Hmm better to leave this all on user.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"don't know if this is usual :) maybe not ... anyway scale is half of screen

and why lock to zoom in? Zooming in when you have there no more zoom rescale your map into weird graphics so it's not usual. Also when you download only for example zoom 5 and 2, may I then zoom in into missing zooms and rescale image to this or not? Hmm better to leave this all on user.

"scale is half of screen"  ah, ok that makes sense.
The other "more zoom" Ill check it later on..

A little strange:
I rebooted the smartphone (german) Skala (scale) in Einstellungen (settings) Karte (map) is checked, but not shown as before :?:  :?:  
And second in  Einstellungen (settings) Karte (map) the both check boxes at the bottom are the same "Drehwinkel Modifizierung" (angel of rotation ??)

J.
Regards J.
  •