Indication of moving direction: Not possible to activate

Started by locuser, June 13, 2013, 20:22:26

locuser

Hi all,

I'm using Locus Pro on two devices: A Google Nexus One and a Acer Iconia A211 tablet. On both I have installed the latest updates of Locus.

On the phone I can activate "Heading line", essentially a line or vector that indicates the current direction of movement.

Unfortunately I cannot activate this extremely useful feature within Locus installed on the Tablet. The option is shown in the settings but is shown in grey, apparently this indicates that the option is not available. I can touch this settings while trying to activate it but nothing happens.
In contrast to the phone the tablet has no compass sensor. But I think the movement indicator should not have anything to do with the orientation of the device (compass).

Can someone help me here? I would really like to use this feature and have no idea why this should not be possible on the tablet. If this is a bug I would be really, really happy for a quick fix as I'm on a trip right now and like to use the aforementioned feature.

Best regards!
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  hmm did you tried to display "Course bearing line" instead. In case your device do not have compass, then "heading" do not have much sense. Locus do not know where is you device pointing, so "Course bearing" has much bigger sense, because it display your current movement received by GPS
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •