Newline is converted to "\n" when logging trackables

Started by mambofive, June 07, 2013, 08:43:24

mambofive

Previous released version (2.12.0) had a problem with logging caches, every newline was converted to a "n".

The current released version (2.12.1) fixes that, however, when logging a trackable online via GC Live -> Log a trackable, that conversion still occurs.
  •  

balloni55

[attachment=0:2pxyito7]SS.jpg[/attachment:2pxyito7]
also by me
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

hmm testing and no problem. this is weird ... aren't you uploading fi ... ah TRACKABLE ... sorry you're right, there was still same problem as for regular logs. damn. So till next release, log trackable without break lines :)

balloni, seems you have this problem also for a regular logs? Are you using latest version 2.12.1 or 2.12.2?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion,
V 2.12.1 see my signature ;)
It happens  on normal onlinelog without trackable log

EDIT:
Sorry menion :oops:
these log was on wednesday afternoon with V2.12.0 and i updatet later in the evening to V2.12.1
A testlog today with V2.12.1 was perfect! :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

mambofive

Another very small problem with character escaping: Every double quote (") in an online log is replaced by a single quote ('). Happens when logging caches online or when creating field notes, using released version 2.12.2.
  •  

Menion

hi guys,
  balloni, no problem. I wasn't reacting on your post because I though it will be something like this :D

mambofive: you're first who find this. I have very bad system for handling field notes in Locus. I write then and read them directly from gcFieldNotes.txt file. This has advantage that if you want to upload this file on web manually, you don't have to search for any "export" etc. On second side, format that groundspeak use isn't much clever :/ and because I had there some really big problems, I do some small optimizations before saving your text into field note. And one of this optimizations is change your found.

Because you're first who find it after around two years since I did it, I hope it's not so big problem. Because if so, I have to rewrite whole system for field notes and store them in some database till your export them from Locus to any file. So? :)
  •  

mambofive

Quote from: "menion"Because you're first who find it after around two years since I did it, I hope it's not so big problem. Because if so, I have to rewrite whole system for field notes and store them in some database till your export them from Locus to any file. So? :)

Hi menion,

if it's intenionally done this way, it's totally o.k. for me. I understand the limitations of the gcFieldNotes.txt file, there is no need to change the whole system just for double quotes...  :!:
  •  

Menion

that's what I hoped to hear, thanks :)
  •