Very long time to initialize a big sqlitedb map

Started by tramp20, June 05, 2013, 12:54:53

tramp20

Hi menion,
if I copy a big map (1-1.5 GB) to Locusmaps then at the next start of Locus (v2.12.0.4) I see a empty blank display for the next 130 seconds (stopped!) before Locus shows the last map.
The next start is much faster of course.
 I have a very fast SDCard and a 1 GHz processor.

At least I expect to see a declaring text on the screen.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

hi Tramp,
  hmm this is weird. Such loading on background should happen only in case, Locus wants to start with previously used map and this map is not yet initialized. For example like when you use this map, close Locus, remove whole cache directory and start Locus again.

is this happening to you when you for example close Locus with last active online map. Add this map to "maps" folder and start Locus again?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"hi Tramp,...
...is this happening to you when you for example close Locus with last active online map. Add this map to "maps" folder and start Locus again?
Yes, thats correct.

edit
And I can reproduce this every time because I am downloading maps with your 10000 tiles limit

User ID acc406201
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
with 2.12.2 the initializing is terrible slow as before but I can now see in a window what Locus is doing :-)
Much better as a blank screen.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

hmm it's probably not a change in 2.12.2, but the fact that map which Locus initialize, is not selected during a start

and long, yes it's possible. Most of time, it's stuck on slow database request which is unfortunately needed to compute valid bounding box for map ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •