Problem: "Frozen Position" during track recording

Started by joa, June 02, 2013, 22:55:14

joa

Hi guys,

I have this problem for month: About every second time I use Locus for track recording during biking, I notice after some time that my position on the map gets "frozen", that means the map on the screen will suddenly move no further. I have to stop track recording and close the app and after a restart track recording will work fine. This problem only appears once on a tour, never had it twice. It mostly appears after about 20 min of biking, but today for the first time it was later (after about 50 min). First it happened in january, I think (Locus Version 2.9 or so), so I first thought it came from low temperature but it also happened with more warmth and no update since cured the issue. Complete reboot of my phone didn't help either.

Any of you masters of Locus got an idea? It's really ennoying 'cause every second or third track recording is spoiled.

Locus Version 2.12 and vector maps from openandroidmaps.org

Thanks joa
  •  

Menion

Hello joa,
  your problem has one advantage. You're able to repeat it :)

I have to ask you for a creating log. Here is description http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... eation_log . You have android with 4.0 version right? In this case, you may use CatLog program. Anyway, please do not follow this manual exactly, but rather
1. install and start catlog
2. from menu choose "record"
3. play with locus and when you notice problem with location, go back to catlog and stop recording

thanks to this, in log will be stored all that happen on background during a locus run. There is also possibility that in log will not be any useful information. If you'll be still interested in fix, I should create improved version that will print out more information into log. Let me know
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joa

Hi Menion,
as a faithful and convinced locus user I am surely interested to get this problem fixed. I already installed catlog and tried it out (works perfecty), but it will last a few days till I can send you a log due to weather and the fact I can't predict when the problem will occur. I will report asap.

Thanks joa
  •  

Menion

ok, perfect.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •