Zoom-In / -Out buttons on the right sidebar

Started by fzk, June 01, 2013, 19:43:48

fzk

I use the zoom-in / -out buttons (+/-) very often and it would be beneficial if they could be used on the right sidebar.

Regards Klaus
  •  

Menion

Hello Klaus,
   hmm and what is a benefit compare to bottom panel? You never use other buttons on bottom panel so you have it hidden all the time? Also if you have just few buttons on right panel, you may consider completely disable right panel and configure top panel and main menu to your needs. Etc, etc ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

fzk

Quote from: "menion"You never use other buttons on bottom panel so you have it hidden all the time?
Nearly correct - I use the bottons on the top or bottom panel only on demand - and this is not so often.

Quote from: "menion"Also if you have just few buttons on right panel, you may consider completely disable right panel and configure top panel and main menu to your needs.
The right panel (with few buttons) hides lesser space than the botton or top panel.

Or in other words: I want to maximize the space for displaying the map.

Regards Klaus
  •  

fzk

Has this feature any chance for implementation ?

Regards Klaus
  •  

KaHeMu

Related to the topic there is a solution in Locus since month:
Double tap 'n hold then move finger up to zoom in or move down to zoom out.

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

good point KaHeMu.

I'm sorry fzk, but as you probably noticed, Google Maps, which are something like standard, is trying to completely remove zoom buttons. I personally do not like it too much, but agree that it may be useful. In locus is currently quite a lot of methods for zooming and I'm not fan of adding some additional options.

I of course agree that bottom panel took quite a lot of space mainly in landspace mode, but I currently have no better solution for this
  •  

fzk

Ok - understood - it affects the current concept too strong - but some day you will come to the point to make all buttons configurable ... including the zoom buttons.

Regards Klaus
  •  

Menion

Quote from: fzk on October 06, 2013, 12:44:18
but some day you will come to the point to make all buttons configurable ... including the zoom buttons.

hehe, I'm also worried, this day will come  :D
  •