Locus and Sgs4

Started by kelddaug, June 01, 2013, 01:37:54

kelddaug

Hey Menion
The new Locus 2.12.0 is very laggy on Sgs4 , am I the only one with that problem.?
It's mostly vector map rendering, I think, is not very bad on online maps, just a little bit.

It's running stock , with Nova.
Not rooted

Keld

Sendt fra min GT-I9505
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "kelddaug"Hey Menion
The new Locus 2.12.0 is very laggy on Sgs4 , am I the only one with that problem.?
It's mostly vector map rendering, I think, is not very bad on online maps, just a little bit.
Hi Keld,
this is a known issue in 2.12.0 - albeit it's known mainly on low end phones  :lol:.
Would you try 2.12.0.3 which you can get from here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3112#p20936 ?
Tell us if this helps.

Tommy
  •  

kelddaug

Quote from: "tommi"
Quote from: "kelddaug"Hey Menion
Hi Keld,
this is a known issue in 2.12.0 - albeit it's known mainly on low end phones  :lol:.
Would you try 2.12.0.3 which you can get from here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3112#p20936 ?
Tell us if this helps.

Tommy
Hi Tommy
That was better, more smooth, but still needs som render speed, I can live with that, tho.
Tnx
Keld

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk2
  •  

tommi

Why is this no problem on e.g. sgs3, note2?
  •  

kelddaug

Quote from: "tommi"Why is this no problem on e.g. sgs3, note2?
They have Exynos processor and another  GPU or  it's Android 4.2.2 Tw.
  •  

gynta

Seems, Menion have to buy another new smartphone  :lol:

kelddaug

Quote from: "gynta"Seems, Menion have to buy another new smartphone  :lol:
Right, don't know what he's got now.
  •  

Menion

Exygnos, hmm. That should be the problem. I firstly thought that it's related to older 2.X Android devices. But then someone wrote that he has 4.0.1, so it confuse me quite a lot. And finally seems that rendering problems are related to processor rather then to Android version.

I currently have Note2 and hope that I'll be able to keep it for some time. It's really nice tool for developing :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"Exygnos, hmm. That should be the problem.
Ahm, no! Exynos is contained in S3, Note2, etc..
S4 (at least in most countries) contains a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600.
Could it be that the problem is caused by this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .app&hl=de ?

@Keld: Is this app running on your phone? Could you testwise switch it off?
  •