[APP] - version 2.12.X+

Started by Menion, May 26, 2013, 19:08:57

Menion

ah yes you're right ... if you noticed, font isn't smaller anymore ;). I enlarged it to same size as other text.

About colors ... when I was playing with it, I noticed that I miss numbers close to names as was before. Before was easy to see which category has any data already loaded and which has no data loaded. So I tried to highlight empty folders by coloring "0" with red and it helped (at least me) a lot, because I can very easy see if folder has loaded any points or not. That's reason for it ...

You think it's confusing? Hmm for me personally isn't usually important how much points is loaded, but if there are any loaded. Because I usually want to have map fast, so if I don't need any points, I want to hide them fast and this coloring helps me ..

and guys jusc & gynta. Thanks for help. In the end problem is solved. I updated Android API to new version and this version downgraded! Proguard (program I use for some code tweaking) to some older version. And this caused this problems. Once I updated it to new version as was before, all works correctly. So sorry for a troubles, this time I'm almost innocent :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

CaptKaos2

Menion
I hope you understand this.
Long press on the map screen brings up Screen 1. I tap on the address box and screen 2 appears.
Tap on A (Gears Icon) and from the sub menu I select B Nearest caches.
  •  

CaptKaos2

From the actions in my last post Screen 3 appears.
Sorry its in 2 parts the forum would only allow me to attach 2 files.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"ah yes you're right ... if you noticed, font isn't smaller anymore ;). I enlarged it to same size as other text.
Either of us is dreaming. Definitely numbers are much smaller than name of folder. Sorry, can't provide screenshot as battery almost empty.
  •  

CaptKaos2

Menion

I have just given it a try with Bluetooth and Internal GPS, ensuring I had a good fix before trying. In both cases the Wrong INTENT box appears. With internal GPS a box appears saying "Aquiring location from GPS" and defaults to my present location. With Bluetooth I get Screen 3 as per my last post.
  •  

Menion

@tommi: ah you're right, still little smaller :D
[attachment=0:307toujx]2013-06-25 20_33_40-Clipboard.png[/attachment:307toujx]

@capt: sorry, I've got it. Problem is that API that use geocaching4Locus, has small problems when in device is more Locus versions. In this case, it took Locus Pro first and Locus Free second. When you do some search over long-clicked point (temporary point), then Geocaching4Locus start searching for this point (to obtain coordinates) in Locus Pro and not in testing Locus Free. So I'm very sorry, I do not realized this. It will anyway work correctly in next published Locus Pro version. Most probably in Thursday
  •  

CaptKaos2

Menion
Thanks for that, it stops me doing my next step. Uninstalling Locus Pro.  :lol:
Look forward to the next version.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "tommi"Either of us is dreaming.
I know his name ;)
i like the size of numbers
[attachment=0:aj6k86xr]Screenshot_2013-06-25-20-38-29.png[/attachment:aj6k86xr]
edit
 ah menion was faster...

Menion

alternative should be also, put these numbers to second line, just below names. But I was trying it and it doesn't look too good ...

EDIT: hmm 21k points in one folder ... did you tried to load them all? Hope you like new, around three times faster, loading ;). Btw. moving a map with all these points should be also little bit faster now
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"hmm 21k points in one folder ... did you tried to load them all? Hope you like new, around three times faster, loading ;). Btw. moving a map with all these points should be also little bit faster now
9 seconds to load the list
38 seconds to select all
9 seconds to deselect all

all pois on map?
hm - never need all pois - but when, no problem - i'm using poi grouping  :-)

without grouping? ok..
loading 42.000 Pois on map without problems now
stuck a little bit - but it works
good job!

tommi

Quote from: "gynta"all pois on map?
hm - never need all pois
Nice usecase for what I proposed but no one else wanted to talk about it - except Menion who doesn't like it.
Quote from: "gynta"without grouping? ok..
loading 42.000 Pois on map without problems now
stuck a little bit - but it works
good job!
looks like a flower meadow but not like a map with symbols :roll:
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "tommi"
Quote from: "menion"
Quote from: "tommi"2.12.2.8: Share map center or screen: The list with the different sharing options is heavily flickering on the screen (seems the list is displayed again and again). In latest Pro this is working correctly.
Is this happen to you everytime? Interesting because nothing changed in this dialog
100% reproducible on 2.12.2.8 also after reboot on my S3, not reproducible on latest Locus Pro, not reproducible at all on Nexus 7.
I created a log but it shows nothing interesting at all (only very few records from Locus and without anything bad).
edit
Idea came from gynta via PM: Rename Locus folder and try if it happens in a clean (and empty) Locus environment. It worked there.
And now, after having gone back to my Locus folder, it still worked! How crazy is this? Anyway, treat it as solved!
Not yet ;) same here now. on both devices.. -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/o17kndohh8ate ... 2013_0.mp4

Menion

hmm I'm searching why this may happen and only source seems to be this one - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4995 ... il-chooser where developer has same problem. And yes I know this problem also when I work on language chooser. Do you use different language in Locus then in your system? May you try to change it to "default" in locus if this helps?

Interesting is, that this problem have to be in Locus since begin :)

EDIT: if someone want to test fix for magnifier or some other reported issues, there is last test version.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"hmm I'm searching why this may happen and only source seems to be this one - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4995 ... il-chooser where developer has same problem. And yes I know this problem also when I work on language chooser. Do you use different language in Locus then in your system? May you try to change it to "default" in locus if this helps?
In my case, as I wrote, the problem vanished by renaming Locus folder so that it wasn't found and after renaming it again to Locus the problem was still away. And yes, I use the Free Version in English whereas the Pro in German.
I think it's not something causing this problem in 100% of all cases.
  •  

Menion

thanks all for big support on creating a new version. Still some problems remain, like this flickering screens, but I'm sure we'll solve it soon ;)

enjoy version 2.13.0
  •