[APP] - version 2.12.X+

Started by Menion, May 26, 2013, 19:08:57

tommi

Quote from: "menion"
Quote from: "tommi"2.12.2.8:
Share map center or screen: The list with the different sharing options is heavily flickering on the screen (seems the list is displayed again and again).
In latest Pro this is working correctly.
Is this happen to you everytime? Interesting because nothing changed in this dialog
100% reproducible on 2.12.2.8 also after reboot on my S3, not reproducible on latest Locus Pro, not reproducible at all on Nexus 7.
I created a log but it shows nothing interesting at all (only very few records from Locus and without anything bad).
  •  

ta-ka

Thank you for taking my requests and the comment on the reason of 'impor'.

For the "text with xml tags" issue, my explanation was too short. Here is a long version.

1. install LocusPro 2.12.2 from Google Play
2. disable WiFi and 3G connection then launch LocusPro
3. When "Application not licenced" window appears, tap "Free" button
4. see [Settings] -> [Guiding] -> [Tracks, Notification settings]
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "tommi"
Quote from: "menion"
Quote from: "tommi"2.12.2.8: Share map center or screen: The list with the different sharing options is heavily flickering on the screen (seems the list is displayed again and again). In latest Pro this is working correctly.
Is this happen to you everytime? Interesting because nothing changed in this dialog
100% reproducible on 2.12.2.8 also after reboot on my S3, not reproducible on latest Locus Pro, not reproducible at all on Nexus 7.
I created a log but it shows nothing interesting at all (only very few records from Locus and without anything bad).
Idea came from gynta via PM: Rename Locus folder and try if it happens in a clean (and empty) Locus environment. It worked there.
And now, after having gone back to my Locus folder, it still worked! How crazy is this? Anyway, treat it as solved!
  •  

druki

Hi, can not reproduce any more the problem with updating a geocache and filtersettings. But have small error at first update after Locus start. I have sent a catlog to menion.
  •  

jusc

In my case Locus crashes if I use the lens to zoom with original Locus map and doesn't start anymore.
(Map NRW with the original hiking theme) Version 2.12.2.8
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

what means
"with original Locus map" ?

edit1
OH i see :o
A heavy FC after using the magnifier - right on the bottom.
DONT TRY IT - Locus crashes hard and can't be restarted.
Reboot - remove battery - nothing help - Locus is damaged!
I try to install last test version over damaged version...

edit2
wow - a new install also failed...

edit3
"force stop" and "delete data"  in system settings helps.

btw
 thx Jusc for no hint :roll:  :lol:

jusc

Quote from: "gynta"what means
"with original Locus map" ?
- > original Locus Vectormap from Locus store. (Germany / Nordrhein Westfalen)
Regards J.
  •  

CaptKaos2

Menion
Yesterday I went out geocaching for 7hrs using test version 2.12.2.8. Apart from little system setting changes I had forgot to make I had no problems with the Prog.
But this afternoon I decided to use it at home to plan next weekends trip and done what I would normally do in the Pro version to get the caches in the area I'm going.
1. With the GPS off and WiFi on long press on the screen to load Map Centre.
2. Select the address and then the Function button (Bottom Right).
3. Select Nearest caches and then the Geocaching4Locus  screen appears, where I can download the caches and import them.

The difference with the test  and  pro is as the G4L screen appears another screen appears briefly  saying " Acquiring address from wireless network" and the coordinates default to as near as wireless can get to my home location, (which is 50 miles from where I want)
I have tried it with Pro and it defaults to the selected address coords.

Is this to do with the warning in your first post.
Warning: this version move settings for "Live tracking", "Quick add point", "WMS maps" to different directory!! Do not use this version if you also want to use current public version of Locus with these features!

If so just ignore this post, and I apologize in advance.
  •  

Menion

@tommi: weird, mainly because log was empty ... but probably nothing to do now :)

@druki: thanks for logs. I already saw this error somewhere, but it's on place where seems to be impossible to get it. I add some small protection, so hope it won't happen again, but be prepared with Catlog :)

@gynta, jusc: in log from gynta is nothing (thanks btw.). I received small report on bugsense, but it's also not clear why this happen. So same as in "druki's" case. Added small protection but be prepared

@CaptKaos2: hmm I'm unable to reproduce such problem but it has nothing to do with red text. But in Locus is no such text "Acquiring address from wireless network" so it should comes from add-on. I'll try it later

so probably final test version is available - 2.12.2.9 . Most bugs should be fixed as well as texts for translation. Btw. I do not have any feedback on few important things ... merging of "Data & Item visibility" and "Improved filter". What you think? Everything clear?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote2.12.2.9
FC using/selecting magnifier still present
new FC: restoring backup (but i have to verify with another backup later...)

Settings - Global - Allways screen on
Strange statuns "(ON)"
because if i choose "Specify" -> Screen is NOT always on
(eg only when GPS is on)
Status should be "Specify"

Settings - Global - Allways screen on
It's possible to set  "Specify" and leave it, with not set any option.
should not be possible.

Menion

Hmm still present. May you please create for me better(longer) log? Because previous was really too short and completely without an issue. Thank you

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  •  

CaptKaos2

Menion
Thanks for the reply, I have installed 2.12.2.8 and the latest locus pro onto my Nexus 7  to see if it makes a difference. I have also installed Geocaching4Locus .
With  Location access switched off, which is my normal mode, as I use a Bluetooth GPS.

In the pro version everything works as I would normally expect it.

In the Test version when I press "Nearest cache"  I get a black box at the bottom of the screen with "Wrong INTENT - no point!" this disappears and the Geocaching4Locus box appears with a further box over it with
       "No location service allowed"
       Please allow Wireless or GPS location service in "Settings"
With a Settings and OK buttons underneath.
No matter what I press the Coords are still incorrect.

EDIT:-
I have just installed 2.12.2.9 on my HTC phone and indeed the "Wrong INTENT - no point!" appears on it, it disappears so quickly I did not notice it before. If I press the back button and manually input the coords it works as expected.
  •  

Menion

hmm and are you using exactly same functions on both devices? I know you use Geocaching4Locus, but I need to know which button. If in context menu of points, list of functions or any in right panel. Please check it, thanks
  •  

jusc

send you two log files
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "tommi"Now the numbers are right aligned, well done. But the font is smaller, make it bigger please.
Fine, long tap on map manager symbol and I can hide them all.
Fine, tap on symbol on the left to toggle between enable/disable all. I don't understand why the '0' is printed in red.
Not at all, it's definitely better.
Menion, you asked for feedback on new data screen. I think this was feedback.
  •