[APP] - version 2.12.X+

Started by Menion, May 26, 2013, 19:08:57

tommi

Now the numbers are right aligned, well done. But the font is smaller, make it bigger please.
Fine, long tap on map manager symbol and I can hide them all.
Fine, tap on symbol on the left to toggle between enable/disable all. I don't understand why the '0' is printed in red.
Quote from: "menion"never say never ...

From my point of view if confusing this: imagine I have selected 25 points from 50, I hide them, then close Locus or do something different and after an half of hour I'll try to enable all points, because I completely forget that I had selected just few of them. And what a surprise ...
Why not print it like this:
(25/50) when points/tracks are on screen
(25/50) when points/tracks are hidden
(0/50) or (0/50) when points are not selected (or green, too)

Quote from: "menion"I also do not see, why Locus should remember this ... if I want to see whole map, I may disable all points by two taps
That's not the point, the point is how to get my collection of points/tracks back which I only wanted to disable temorarily to see the whole screen or which I disabled temporarily to make map rendering faster (many tracks make rendering much slower).

Quote from: "menion"What I have currently in mind is to allow load all points as now, but with respect of defined filter for folder. This should partially solve your problem isn't it?
You mean filter by name, by icon? You are right, it is a partial solution but unfortunately the selection of points I use typically doesn't follow a certain rule which can be defined by a filter.

I would be happy with a long tap on the icon (the short tap is the toggle for all/none, the long tap is the toggle for selection/none.
Quote from: "menion"And new test version is there ... you'll probably kill me, but data screen has changed again :D
Not at all, it's definitely better.
  •  

CaptKaos2

Great, one tap in the data screen does it all for me. :D
  •  

druki

Hello,
I try to close 2.12.2.6 (Android 2.3.6) with the back button, but Locus doesn't close (is there an other way to close?). No matter if "closing prompt" is on or off (never get this request in this version) and no matter if "run as a service" is active or not. Seems that I have to kill Locus - I never thought that I would ever consider this ;-) But if I don't close it, it will drain my battery tomorrow during daytime...

If I remember correctly, it was possible to close the main menu with the back button in earlier versions. Not possible in 2.12.2.6?
  •  

Menion

@druki: hmm interesting, I did small fix in close event for some rom based on 4.X android and this caused these troubles on 2.x devices ... perfect :). Thanks druki, I'll fix it to next version. Enjoy Locus killing ;). Btw. I think there should be no power consumption when locus sit on background if you have disabled all common features, like recording, live tracking etc ...

@vcapt: fine :)

@tommi: seems to be on long discussion. I understand what you want, but I do not agree with it. I think that current ability to quickly load/unload all items (which is btw. much much faster then before) together with ability to temporary hide all items on map, cover all needs, that common user may have. And because we're only one who discuss about it here, I suggest to form your idea into some good readable text and post it on GetSatisfaction, so I may get more opinions focused just on this one topic
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"@tommi: seems to be on long discussion. I understand what you want, but I do not agree with it. I think that current ability to quickly load/unload all items (which is btw. much much faster then before) together with ability to temporary hide all items on map, cover all needs, that common user may have. And because we're only one who discuss about it here, I suggest to form your idea into some good readable text and post it on GetSatisfaction, so I may get more opinions focused just on this one topic
No, thank you. Leave it as it is if you think it isn't useful for most users. GUI should be kept simple.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"So please check next test version (I'll upload today 2.12.2.6) where few things should be fixed and if there will be a problem, have prepared catlog. You should btw. start catlog also before locus and start recording so you'll have all logs recorded for sure ...

Just coming home from a 6 hours tour with .2.6.
So I have now a big catlog file but no freeze/crash :-)
I will make another test later, but it looks good now.

Edit: the second test trip was ok too.
Thank you.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

perfect, good to hear. Hope that .2.7 will be also OK ;)

and btw. no-one has opinion on discussion with tommi? Don't leave him alone :)
  •  

Menion

so I spend more time on some testing and finding places that should work faster ... hope it will be visible, mainly in loading/unloading points. There is also finally a method to change icon for more then one point at once, so you then may simply use filter (btw. it also include a lot of improvements mainly for a geocaching) to display only a part of points etc etc ...

feedback is welcome of course. I'm going to take finally a two day bike trip, so I'll test it as much as possible. During sunday/monday will be enough time for every problem you find or improvements that will be need ...

have a nice weekend
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"I'm going to take finally a two day bike trip, so I'll test it as much as possible. During sunday/monday will be enough time for every problem you find or improvements that will be need ...
have a nice weekend
Menion, I hope you will enjoy your bike tour.
Maybe you decide to use https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... directions resp. https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... _your_ears and think about making it more perfect and helping get back on the track.
  •  

druki

2.12.2.8:
Updating Geocaches:
The new filtering features for geocaches are great for viewing/selecting. But when I want to update (Addon GC4Locus) a single geocache (or a group of marked geocaches), I don't care about the filtersettings and it is anoying to be forced to chose a filter which is impossible:
1. the radius is not within my actual map position (btw. another anoying behaviour with the map centering/sorting to GPS which was much better before)
2. my selected caches could fit both of each filter criteria (i.e.temporarily disabled caches and enabled ones) and I'm not allowed to leave all filter in the "don't care" position.
So my suggestion:
Could it be possible to ignore (all) filtersettings when updating selected(!) geocache(s)?

Back-button:
Still problems (Android 2.3.6) with back-button at:
- closing Locus (workarround: killing, because either I
a) use Locus with GPS permanently on, even in background to have it ready if I look at it without waiting for a sat fix ... or I
 b) don't need it for sure and close it)
- closing main menu (workarround: slide to the right)
- closing the dashboard view (workarround: click the dashboard button. Yes, I fortunately have it in the top bar ;-) )
  •  

tommi

2.12.2.8:
Share map center or screen: The list with the different sharing options is heavily flickering on the screen (seems the list is displayed again and again).
In latest Pro this is working correctly.
  •  

ta-ka

Hello.
I'm going to report some bugs which I found during the translation work.

* [Settings] -> [Map - objects & style] -> [Altitude position]
  - The text defined in "pref_map_tracks_show_label_desc" is incorrectly shown.
    The text in "pref_map_item_show_label_altitude_desc" should be there.

* [Settings] -> [Guiding] -> [Tracks, Notification settings]
  - A text with xml tags '<font color="red">(Pro)</font>' is shown
    after Text-to-speech. It can be seen only in Locus Free Version.

* Typo in the context name.
  - The context name assigned for the text 'Import' seems wrong.
    It shouldn't be 'impor' without 't' at the end but should be 'import'.
  - This can be confirmed only at the crowdin.net web site but not in the locus app.

* [More] -> [On-board map calibrator] -> [Compute]
  - The progress indicator shown as percentage does not work properly.
    It shows constant value of '2147483647 %'.
  •  

ta-ka

I also would like to ask some requests related to the text and its context name in "strings.xml/strings_pref.xml".
I found that some of single English word are used at the different place in Locus with a defferent meaning.

For example, the word "Basic" defined in "basic" appears in:
  - [More] -> [Parking] -> 'BASIC' as a tab name.
  - [Data] -> [Tracks] -> any track -> STYLE -> 'BASIC' as a choice of solid line.

Their meanings are different at all and it causes problems on translation.
Sometimes it is very difficult or even impossible to find appropriate word to satisfy both meanings.
If you prepare these words separated, for example,

- word "Basic Infomation" as a tab name using "parking_basic_info"
   - word "Solid line" as a type of line using "line_basic"

then the problem will be solved.
  •  

ta-ka

Continuation:
The followings are the words which I would like to request to prepare the words to be separated.

* The word "Orientation" defined in "pref_orientation" appears:
    - [Settings] -> [Global] -> [Orientation lock]
        -> 'ORIENTATION' for Portrait mode / Landscape mode.
    - [Settings] -> [Sensors] -> 'ORIENTATION' as of bearing.

* The word "Recording" defined in "recording" appears:
    - [Settings] -> [Track recording] -> 'RECORDING' as a title name.
    - Pop-up message 'Recording' when you start/resume track recording.

* The word "Visibility" defined in "visibility" appears:
    - [More] -> [Weather] -> 'Visibility' as the transparency of the air.
    - [More] -> [Notes (OpenStreetMap)] -> 'Visibility' as show/hide notes.
    - [Settings] -> [Track recording] -> [Automatic export] -> [OpenStreetMap]
      -> 'VISIBILITY' as the type of GPS traces.

* The text "Area" defined in "area":
    - [Maps] -> [ONLINE] -> [Download] -> 'AREA' as a region for map download.
    - [Data] -> [Tracks] -> any track -> INFORMATION tab -> 'Area'
      as a mathematically calculated value of the area closed by track.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "druki"2.12.2.8:
Updating Geocaches:
The new filtering features for geocaches are great for viewing/selecting. But when I want to update (Addon GC4Locus) a single geocache (or a group of marked geocaches), I don't care about the filtersettings and it is anoying to be forced to chose a filter which is impossible:
1. the radius is not within my actual map position (btw. another anoying behaviour with the map centering/sorting to GPS which was much better before)
2. my selected caches could fit both of each filter criteria (i.e.temporarily disabled caches and enabled ones) and I'm not allowed to leave all filter in the "don't care" position.
So my suggestion:
Could it be possible to ignore (all) filtersettings when updating selected(!) geocache(s)?

I'm sorry but I don't understand. "Filter" do only thing. Limit list of item to only these that match filter. So where is problem with selecting just few of them and update by G4L? If you want to cancel filter, just tap on filter and bottom left button cancel whole filter at once so you may select whatever you want.

Quote from: "druki"Back-button:
Still problems (Android 2.3.6) with back-button at:
- closing Locus (workarround: killing, because either I
a) use Locus with GPS permanently on, even in background to have it ready if I look at it without waiting for a sat fix ... or I
 b) don't need it for sure and close it)
- closing main menu (workarround: slide to the right)
- closing the dashboard view (workarround: click the dashboard button. Yes, I fortunately have it in the top bar ;-) )

ahh sorry, I forget to improve it. So please in next version, one more try. If this will not work, I'll return back handling completely to previous version. It's really bad that such simple function like sending down/up press on back key works a little different on various ROMs ... :/

Quote from: "tommi"2.12.2.8:
Share map center or screen: The list with the different sharing options is heavily flickering on the screen (seems the list is displayed again and again).
In latest Pro this is working correctly.

is this happen to you everytime? Interesting because nothing changed in this dialog

Quote from: "ta-ka"Hello.
I'm going to report some bugs which I found during the translation work.

very very nice list, thanks ...

Quote from: "ta-ka"* [Settings] -> [Guiding] -> [Tracks, Notification settings]
- A text with xml tags '<font color="red">(Pro)</font>' is shown
after Text-to-speech. It can be seen only in Locus Free Version.
hmm I'm not able to see it. You see this text also in a test version? Weird

Quote from: "ta-ka"* Typo in the context name.
- The context name assigned for the text 'Import' seems wrong.
It shouldn't be 'impor' without 't' at the end but should be 'import'.
- This can be confirmed only at the crowdin.net web site but not in the locus app.
1. context name isn't really important. It's just unique identificator
2. "impor" is intent, because there are some words that cannot be used as ID, here is list http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/ ... words.html

all other mentioned problems has been changed. Usually by using another word or creating different translations like for "visibility". Seems you invested a lot of time to this, so thank you very much!
  •