[APP] - version 2.12.X+

Started by Menion, May 26, 2013, 19:08:57

tommi

Don't want to bother you but short report for 2.12.2.4:
Quote from: "menion"sorry for a late response and thanks for bug-report. I was playing with it and was able to reproduce it twice after some experiments, but since then I'm unable to reproduce it. Weird ... there is probably some problem with refreshing old map. Because zooming has changed and locus now reuse old tiles and paint over them new data (to save some time by creating empty bitmaps), this have to be some incorrect order of operations, but ... :/

I'll try to experiments with it. Fortunately it's not so big problem for now, so I'm sure soon or later I find why this happen :)
No change, problem still easily reproducible for me.

Quote from: "menion"@tommi: in logs is no error and your dashboard works for me without a problems. This is quite a mystery
No problem in 2.12.2.4 - but still this is not working in 2.12.
  •  

Menion

ah sorry, forget on geoid, it's one secret function and I forget to disable it for testing version :)

you wrote "no problem in 2.12.2.4" with dashboard?? So it works in this test version and not work in public 2.12?? Hmm then it have to be something in settings, but no settings affect functionality of dashboard. Only that is close, is settings > misc > periodic updates. It's almost impossible to fix it in 2.12 if in test version it works :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"- merged "Item visibility" feature with data screen!
Ok, this goes into the direction I already hoped for a long time ago (wanted to have same options regarding item visibility for tracks as they are for points).
I guess you mean that the item visibility screen shall replace the data screen?
If yes:
- Tab for Map items is missing
- The crossed eye in the top right of the screen claims it wants to *delete* my map item on the screen. But if I confirm, the map item is still available from datamanager/Map items.

General for map item tab:
Can it behave as e.g. track with a tick per map item ins and a tick per folder instead of bold red name per item?
=> Use the same GUI elements for points, tracks, (other) map items!
  •  

Menion

forget on "Item visibility". just remove it and don't use it ... all is now in "Data screen". Check new top action bar button
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"forget on "Item visibility". just remove it and don't use it ... all is now in "Data screen". Check new top action bar button
Confusing, confusing, the changes in item visibility screen are much more noticable than the ones in Data screen.

Ok, let's check the Data screen:
- I don't like the toggle button for Ticks and Tools and would prefer two buttons instead. Of course this results also in two columns for all the Point and Track folder lists. But I fear the guys out there with their thumb nail screens ;) will likely vote against that.

But much more uncomfortable I'm with the following:
- The behaviour for the tick button on folder level as it is implemented now for Points and Tracks:
Let's assume I have currently selected 25/50 points in folder P which results in a set tick on folder level for P. If I remove the tick on P I get 0/50 points which is as I expect and like it because I want to do this to remove the points temporarily from screen (item invisibility!).
Now I want to see my points again. What should I do? There are two options: a) set the tick for P or b) go into P and select the 25 points. a) is not what I want and b) is a nightmare.
What I'd like to see instead, is the option to re-enable my 25 points with a single tap. Ok, there should also be an option to select all 50 points in P, this could be done with a long tap on the tick.

Alternatively, if you want to stay with the toggle for tick/tools I would be happy with a tick on P which sets my 25 points again and an item in the tools list to enable all points of P.

And again for the Map Item tab:
Can it behave as Points and Tracks with a tick per map item ins and a tick per folder instead of bold red name per item?
=> Use the same GUI elements for points, tracks, (other) map items!

So far my suggestions for the Data screens.

edit
Quote from: "menion"ah sorry, forget on geoid, it's one secret function and I forget to disable it for testing version :)
Ok, I've cleaned my brain :)

Quote from: "menion"you wrote "no problem in 2.12.2.4" with dashboard?? So it works in this test version and not work in public 2.12?? Hmm then it have to be something in settings, but no settings affect functionality of dashboard. Only that is close, is settings > misc > periodic updates. It's almost impossible to fix it in 2.12 if in test version it works :)
It works in testversions 2.12.0.2 and in 2.12.2.4.
You are right, periodic updates was ticked in Proversion and not ticked in Free/Test version. Actually I don't know what this really is.
Anyway, removing the tick didn't help (closed Locus Proafter removing the tick and started again few seconds later).

edit
Quote from: "menion"15.6.2013 - Locus 2.12.2.5 - test version
Also is anyone using OSM Bugs? please test new OSM notes system if all works as expected
I added a new OSM Note (without Login) which worked as expected. A minute later it appeared on Locus screen.
But I see only open notes (red bubble with white x), can't find closed ones (how should they look like?).
  •  

Menion

wait you talk about some other possibilities for a selecting a points & tracks to some alternative previous state, but:
- if you open points tab with tools buttons on right side, it's same as before!!
- if you open points tab with checkboxes on right side, it's same as "Item visibility". So why you now try to create some new logic for a selecting previously selected points?

tab "items" is another story, it should be on program when points & tracks are done

OSM note ... I know ... I already wrote them about https://github.com/openstreetmap/openst ... issues/304 ... response was that it's fixed, but I still see same issue. Have to check it
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"wait you talk about some other possibilities for a selecting a points & tracks to some alternative previous state, but:
- if you open points tab with tools buttons on right side, it's same as before!!
- if you open points tab with checkboxes on right side, it's same as "Item visibility". So why you now try to create some new logic for a selecting previously selected points?
I was never happy with the selection logic :). Therefore I propose something, which is, at least for me, more logical and better usable.
How would you like to select 25 out of 50 points to be displayed as they were one minute ago before you hid them?

Quote from: "menion"tab "items" is another story, it should be on program when points & tracks are done
fine
  •  

tramp20

Hi meinion,
some minutes ago I sent you a internal report of 2.12.2.5.
I got "Locus does not react (or so), wait or send a report".
I have no catlog because I noticed this 3 hours later and of course the debug log is empty.
This was the first Freeze/FC since many test versions.

Perhaps it would be better when you write continuously the debug log (if Locus has time) then waiting until locus is shut down.

Can I use the market version tomorrow instead of the test version or do I get difficulties?
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

CaptKaos2

menion
I have tried out the test version 2.12.2.5. and just like to say the changes  to the data screen have made the wonderful prog that you have better. I live in an area where the Geo-cache population is high, so to keep the folders  to a reasonable size I have split it up into 12 (ranging from 700 -1500 caches each). In the past I had to go into each folder and deselect the caches when moving between areas, but now with the check boxes it is all done from one screen. And if I wish to select just a few then a tap on the left gives me that option.
Great innovation, keep up the great work.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "tramp20"Hi menion,
some minutes ago I sent you a internal report of 2.12.2.5.
I got "Locus does not react (or so), wait or send a report".

Hi,
today the same again :-(
Locus test stopped after the start without any points recorded.
And I saw this one hour later so sorry for no catlog.

In the morning I made a 6 hours tour with the market version and absolute no problem as all the days before.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

@tommi: I had to read your suggestions about selecting items more then few times. And I still don't like it :). You simply want that Locus remember your previous state of selected items, so you may enable them again, right? But if I imagine it, I'm sure I'll never remember which points I had previously enabled, so why should I want re-enable them back? :).

@CaptKaos2 you're welcome - and it will be even better in next version ;)

@jusc: problem with pressure sensor found, at least on my device. It's again same - my device turn of pressure sensor when I turn off screen and my calibration system wasn't able to handle it. It should be fixed now and you'll get warning if this happen. I cannot check if sensor is on or off, but if there will be more then 15 seconds without values, you should get warning dialog

@tramp: welcome to the world of testing versions ;). Unfortunately I see no useful log in weird system that Google provide for a developers. So please check next test version (I'll upload today 2.12.2.6) where few things should be fixed and if there will be a problem, have prepared catlog. You should btw. start catlog also before locus and start recording so you'll have all logs recorded for sure ...
  •  

tramp20

I will try .6 tomorrow morning with catalog but I fear that 6 hours catlogging will make a really big logfile :-(
So I will stop and start catalog every hour if I do not forget it.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P970

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

this should not be a problem. CatLog for sure periodically write data into file, so they'll not stay in memory for whole time

I was yesterday recording for about two hours with enabled debugging for pressure sensor. Result was that every second, five lines was recorded together with some other messages and even around 200k (15MB) lines was no problem ;)
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"@tommi: I had to read your suggestions about selecting items more then few times. And I still don't like it :). You simply want that Locus remember your previous state of selected items, so you may enable them again, right?
Yes.
Quote from: "menion"But if I imagine it, I'm sure I'll never remember which points I had previously enabled, so why should I want re-enable them back? :).
Of course I don't remember the 25 points and
1) this is the reason why I like computers, they can remember things which I as a human can't
2) Select the 25 points (or much, much worse: select 25 tracks) (or at least the ones I can remember) is a pain.

Actually what I propose is what I always expected to get from the now deprecated feature "temporarily disable visibility of items". The important thing here is "temporarily". What is implemented now is persistantly disabled visibility.
Too bad that I can't convince you.
  •  

Menion

never say never ...

From my point of view if confusing this: imagine I have selected 25 points from 50, I hide them, then close Locus or do something different and after an half of hour I'll try to enable all points, because I completely forget that I had selected just few of them. And what a surprise ...

I also do not see, why Locus should remember this ... if I want to see whole map, I may disable all points by two taps

What I have currently in mind is to allow load all points as now, but with respect of defined filter for folder. This should partially solve your problem isn't it?

I think, this is not about "convince me". I look on it from view "why I should expect from it", and I do not expect that app will remember such state

And new test version is there ... you'll probably kill me, but data screen has changed again :D
  •