[APP] - version 2.12.X+

Started by Menion, May 26, 2013, 19:08:57

tommi

Quote from: "menion"hmm no ... I still think that function is not ready to officially include and enable to public version ..

btw. I did small fix in navigation. Also together with other small fixes, new version is available in first post. Don't expect any huge changes so don't waste a time. I'm sure there exists much better ways how to spend free evening :)
I hope the new version includes better weather for Bavaria ;-)
  •  

Menion

don't even talk to me about this ... Prague is under water and against-water barrier do not work as expected ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

a problem, I think which existed always:
Navigate to: to start the process e.g. press the "Car" but there is currently no internet connection => Locus reports this problem and closes the Navigate to.
This is bad as you have to start the whole process again after enabling internet connection.
Add new route and measure is more user friendly, it doesn't loose anything, you just need to remove your latest added point and continue after enabling Internet.
  •  

Menion

you're of course right ... currently mechanism is
1. you define start/end points
2. tap on route type to compute
3. Locus close "Navigate to" screen
4. start compute

first two remain same, but I now switched points 3. and 4. where "Navigate to" screen is closed only in case, compute is success ...
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"you're of course right ... currently mechanism is
1. you define start/end points
2. tap on route type to compute
3. Locus close "Navigate to" screen
4. start compute

first two remain same, but I now switched points 3. and 4. where "Navigate to" screen is closed only in case, compute is success ...
exactly! Thanks
  •  

ratisboner

Big THANKS to pmoravec for the link, that leads to the "screen ON" app in Google Play!

This funktion was integrated in the System of my former Windows Mobile Smartphone, and it was also manually configurable (turn off brightness after "x" seconds, this could be set manually). This saved a lot of accu power with my former GPS navigation software on my mobile, so I could ride mountainbike tours from 5 to 7 hours with one accu pack.

With changing to Android, there was again the problem to save accu power. Searching many forums I realised, that maybe Android users don't know this funktion. So I was searching for this funktion, based on a app, for a long time.
Then I found Locus, with this "auto DIM" solution built into the app - that was perfekt!
Don't know, how other mountainbiking Locus users solve this, but for me it's not easy to wake up the screen by pressing a button, when riding a mountainbike - just touching any part of the screen is much easier! In the evenening or when riding throught the woods, the dimmed screen is often bright enought to see the map or the track I'm following, so the screen is always on, but saves power.
The loss of the "auto DIM" funktion is a big reduction of the funktionality of Locus for me when I'm riding my bike.

So, again thank's for the Link!
And Greetings from Ingolstadt
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "pmoravec"Unfortunately this one (Wakey) does not dim the screen in the basic version I have tested. But maybe some other...

Edit: OK, something called "Screen ON" //https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brilliant.apps.screenon looks promising for this task, at least it works this way on my phone and is free and not add-supported.

Hi,
I have a strange issue with this app. After starting or even after stopping the app I canĀ“t use my telephone by typing the number 5. Other numbers are working normally. (Note 2 with JellyBam (Cyanogen 10.1))
Regards J.
  •  

alex_dd

Hello,

i can confirm that the update from today resolv the problem with the slow vectormaps in Android 2.3.
Thank you very much for this.

alex
  •  

Menion

perfect. I'm gladly this mystery error (at least for me) is solved. By reported issues, looks that current version is quite stable without any serious problems, so I can finally start work on another tasks :)

enjoy locus and finally coming nice weather (at least in Czech)
  •  

alex_dd

weather is ok, but here in Dresden we get at the moment your dirty  water  ;)
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "alex_dd"i can confirm that the update from today resolv the problem with the slow vectormaps in Android 2.3.
With Android 4.0.4 too :-)
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

alex, not much funny :). It's water full of dead animals, toilets and others that our water-purifiers wasn't able to filter. It's little bit - too much water at once. Fortunately seems that it's going to be better. Worst time is behind us ...
  •  

tommi

Hi Menion,
I have strange artifacts with Vector Maps.
I'm not 100% sure about the necessary preconditions but this is how I can often (~4 out 5 times) reproduce it:
OpenAndro Vectormap Germany, Internal Hiking theme, Zoomlevel 19/71%.
And then open DataManager/Map Items, select two (really short) tracks created with brouter and return to map screen.
Screenshot with artifacts: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pthqe92472ppjpd/E3Xx1syWCk
Increase zoom level twice (first zoom goes to 19/100%, 2nd zoom goes to 20/100%) fixes the artifact
Screenshot w/o artifacts: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/l2qp9vgm1uyhcev/yVx-35YNSo

Problem reproducable on both SGS3 and Nexus 7, internal hiking and city themes!
On SGS3 reproduced with 2.12.04 (Free) and 2.12.2 (Pro), on Nexus 7 with 2.12.2 (Pro).

But:
If I import the map item tracks and display them from the list of tracks, I can't reproduce the problem.
I'm not able to reproduce such kind of artifacts with zoom operations (+/- buttons or with two fingers) or map panning. Here everything works perfect.

Seems it has something to do with MapItems.
  •  

jusc

I tried to reproduce it, but I don't get this issue. But maybe I missunderstood?
Tried with internal and external themes.
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "tommi"..I have strange artifacts with Vector Maps..
like this...