[APP] - version 2.12.X+

Started by Menion, May 26, 2013, 19:08:57

Menion

ah it was maybe problem I found ... it should work already in published test version in first post. I'll rather check it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

Testing version 2.12.0.3 fixed my database again. Thanks!
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

pmoravec

I have to report a strange behavior with 2.12.0 official pro version and geocaches.

I had a list of geocaches (with finds filtered out and distance-based sort) imported from GPX and updated the listings through external plugin (G4L). They are all part of an archived pattern,which is still physically on original location. What happened was that when updating the listings, logs, etc., the original coordinates and new data (complete listings) got randomly mixed. If I remember correctly, GC API does not return coordinates for archived caches. So when updating something went wrong with the order of original data. Normally this does not seem to happen (possibly because the coordinates get overwritten as well or you match the results based on the coordinates).
  •  

jusc

small issue in 2.12.0.(official)
1. Choose a vector map and afterwards
2. choose an overlay. For choosing an online map, tap on online map, but you´ll be directed back to vectormaps?
Regards J.
  •  

druki

I can confirm with Android 2.3.6 that vectormaps are loaded faster in 2.12.03 compared to 2.12.0.

About line tools:
small drawing bug (allready in 2.12.0), at line crossing tool only the upper/left part of lines is drawn on the screen (ends with the calculated crossing point).
One wish: I'm interested in informations on lines that I have drawn (after the creation page): Could it be possible to show lenght & azimuth of the lines on map?
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Ok, I am happy.
I am not on 2.12.0 yet because I need Locus seriously next week.

What for a longer time surprised me was that a 1.1 gB Alps map was fluent and never crashing. So I refreshed my Netherlands_hike map (441 mB) through openandromaps.org .

Next I compared my present 2.11.1 with test version 2.12.0.3
To my surpise and happiness I could in both versions now zoom out to level 8 without crashing. It is hard to see if there is a speed difference. 2.12.0.3 is giving more 100% processor signals, so I would say it lets the processor work harder which probably is good.
Both versions are much smoother in panning the map (moving it by sliding) but that would be due to the fresh/better map, I think.  

All in all, I can still recommend Locus, even for an older Defy on Froyo. :D
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

druki

I have one question and maybe a bug:

1. the feature of hill shading for vector maps (in development) actually throws the shadow upper right:
[attachment=0:38bxn0wn]e8yqapam.jpg[/attachment:38bxn0wn]
For maps normally it is lower right.
@Menion: Can this be corrected?

Only for record: yesterday I had several crashes of 2.12.3 (also 2.12.0) during navigation. Locus crashed at recalculation of route. I was not able to make a catlog during driving. Maybe I can get some logs later..
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "druki"Only for record: yesterday I had several crashes of 2.12.3 (also 2.12.0) during navigation. Locus crashed at recalculation of route. I was not able to make a catlog during driving. Maybe I can get some logs later..

In this moment I wanted to report the same with 2.12.0.3:
Today I tried in realtime a navigation with my car. After 20 mins the navigation screen disappeared suddenly without a freeze or FC and the home screen was visible.

The worst thing was that the battery drained as much as during a track recording. A task killer showed nothing of Locus and no GPS icon was in the status bar :-(
Three hours later (without loading) the battery was almost empty.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "druki"...the feature of hill shading for vector maps (in development) actually throws the shadow upper right...
To compare...

Menion

@pmoravec: updating and whole handling of locus data over Locus API is based on points IDs and when arcao in G4L update cache, I think he update it thanks to GC Code of every cache. So there should not be a place for such huge issue. Anyway are you able to reproduce it? Even better - are you able to give me step by step instructions, so I can reproduce this?

@jusc: thanks, picking a maps fixed

@druki: yes, lines are drawn just from first point to intersection. Anyway I warn you, this computation isn't much precise. I'm still searching for more precise way to compute it (currently I approximate compute on sphere and not on ellipsoid). About additional information - all these line/circle draw functions has big disadvantage. After you draw something, this item cannot be selected and used. Locus also do not compute some intersection between circles automatically etc etc ... so there is big place for improvements. On second side, I think these functions are really rarely used, so I still have no reason to invest too much time into this ... and it's same with your request on display an azimuth and bearing.

@henk: I think it's just ... "luck" :)

@druki, tramp: I also had one crash when I wanted to stop navigation, but I'm unable to repeat it now, damn. And tramp, your problem with battery consumption is really very weird. Mainly because it's almost impossible to consume battery when Locus is not in list of apps. I would like to publish final version before release for some testing. I'll then need some time, so priority is to release version without problems. So please check it and create for me a logcat if some problem happen, thanks

@druki, gynta: hillshading ... if this will work, it will be amazing :). Anyway same as on some other places ... I still wasn't able to create fast method for this hillshading, mainly on lower zoom levels. It's of course possible to change sun angle (I'll do it, thanks), but this will still not be enough to make hillshading nice looking ...
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"hillshading
... but this will still not be enough to make hillshading nice looking ...
hillshading only between zoom 11 and 16 is perfectly adequate.
If anyone wants to see the earh from space: should use google earth :D

tramp20

@menion,
I cannot citate here.
Perhaps I explained bad:
If e.g. Copilot stops unexpectedly then the GPS software module (?) remains active and completely hidden and drains the battery invisible so as Locus today in my case.
So perhaps this is a "normal" behavior of my ROM.
Please search only for the crash :?:

Gesendet von meinem LG-P970
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

fine, this should be better ...

[attachment=0:lgxkw90b]device-2013-06-02-174735.png[/attachment:lgxkw90b]

anyway best should be to render hillshade in around level 15 and use this result in all zoom levels. But hard to do in for example level 10, where is then needed 32x32 tiles, so more then 1000 tiles from 15 to cover one tile at 10 .. heh

nevermind for now. Thanks for tip, hillshade looks better now, and I'll try to think about it later a little bit

@tramp: this really happen?? I sometimes saw (already happen to me) that Locus or any app crashed and GPS remain active, but GPS was visible in system bar. This, what happen to you is really bad. No matter what happen to app itself, this should never happen on any device. So if you use any alternative ROM, I also think it should be a problem in this ROM. So best solution is to fix all bugs in Locus :)
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"@druki, gynta: hillshading ... if this will work, it will be amazing :). Anyway same as on some other places ... I still wasn't able to create fast method for this hillshading, mainly on lower zoom levels. It's of course possible to change sun angle (I'll do it, thanks), but this will still not be enough to make hillshading nice looking ...
From here (a month ago): viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3030&p=20484&hilit=hillshading#p20485

Quote from: "menion"please take this really as an ... how to say, feature for fun now. Anyway it's fast and it's doing something, which is good start :)

direction is currently defined from south, east. It's best what I was able to create after some testing. Problem is again missing OpenGL rendering. From some angles, android has problems to draw semi-transparent triangles and draw instead of that only completely white triangles. So don't expect too much from it now. I was excited when it started to work, but this is huge limitation and I'm not sure, I will be able to create now nice looking hillshading ... we'll see
Did you change your mind? :?
  •  

Menion

hmm no ... I still think that function is not ready to officially include and enable to public version ..

btw. I did small fix in navigation. Also together with other small fixes, new version is available in first post. Don't expect any huge changes so don't waste a time. I'm sure there exists much better ways how to spend free evening :)
  •