[APP] - version 2.12.X+

Started by Menion, May 26, 2013, 19:08:57

tigus

Another option regarding brightness, though somewhat laborious, is to install Power Toggles (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ainless.pc).

From there you can add a widget to the notification bar via a toggle to change the brightness. You have one that switches between maximum, medium and minimum one can choose values ​​for each, even if one chooses a mean value equal to the maximum or minimum is a switch between two values.

The good thing is that you can add different toggles with many functions.  :)

Greetings.
  •  

joa

Hi guys,
I'm very glad that you all give your best to help and in fact the solution pmoravec proposed, works on my phone, too. Need to change the "brightness behaviour" of Locus to "system settings", then the Screen on-App to "Let it dim" and it's just like before. Not as comfortable as before (two more clicks  ;) ), but works quite well. Maybe Menion can keep this in mind and find some day some other battery saving tool within locus.
I wonder why only few people use this option. Do you all have such big batteries or do only short bike tours?  ;)
Thank you again joa
  •  

Menion

Fine :)

I for example rather turn off screen, then keep it dim. Voice guiding works for me quite well and if there is any problem, I rather stop and check map not during a ride ... but everybody has different methods ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"28.5.2013 - Locus 2.12.0.1 - test version
new system for main menu
damn - my first map move show me the main.. :cry: not nice  :roll:

Menion

why not?
  •  

gynta

I'm scared :lol:

tommi

Quote from: "menion"28.5.2013 - Locus 2.12.0.1 - test version
- new system for main menu - now using system from Google itself, so recommended :). Anyway may be bugged ...
Ah, menu gets activated by slide from left side. Like it
  •  

Menion

you like it? ah ... I tried to disable it, but there is bug in Android library that currently do not allow it :). Hmm you mean ... keep it?

Fortunately side menu react on really edge of screen, so there is minimal chance to slide it by accident ...
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"you like it? ah ... I tried to disable it, but there is bug in Android library that currently do not allow it :). Hmm you mean ... keep it?

Fortunately side menu react on really edge of screen, so there is minimal chance to slide it by accident ...
Funny, I thought this was implemented intentionally as it matches quite good the menu coming in from left side. Now I can swipe it in and out. Yes, I'd like to keep it.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"Fortunately side menu react on really edge of screen, so there is minimal chance to slide it by accident ...
you don't know my sausage fingers... :lol:

brotbuexe

Quote from: "pmoravec"Edit: OK, something called "Screen ON" //https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brilliant.apps.screenon looks promising for this task, at least it works this way on my phone and is free and not add-supported.

Another way could be to wake the device with the proximity sensor. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... toscreenon works fine for me and let the screen goes off. You can set single or double touch.

Dont know how much drain the wakelock for the sensor do.
  •  

gynta

"compute intersection" is new in GC Line Tools.

I don't use GC - so i have disabled this module a long time ago.
but now (have to translate some strings) i see this nice tools  - but why only for GC :shock:

This should not be hide into GC stuff.
This is usefull for all users eg. ballooning  ;)

So my vote "Line tools" for all ! :D

mambofive

Are there any changes in uploading field notes to gc.com in 2.12.x?

When I try to upload field notes, there is a message "uploading field notes" which disappears without further notice. No progress bar, as in last versions. The field notes in Locus are not deleted. Only the first field note is uploaded to gc.com., all other field notes on my device are ignored.

I know that there were some problems on gc.com side in the last days, but the problem persists since yesterday. Other actions which use GC live API (like loading/updating caches via gc4locus) are running fine today. So it seems to me like a problem with 2.12.x...
  •  

Menion

you mean published version 2.12.0 or these test versions?

Also which function exactly ... in cache > field notes > upload field notes, or mass upload from menu > functions > Geocaching Live?
  •  

mambofive

Quote from: "menion"you mean published version 2.12.0 or these test versions?

Also which function exactly ... in cache > field notes > upload field notes, or mass upload from menu > functions > Geocaching Live?

Published version 2.12.0, and mass upload via function -> Geocaching Live
  •