Cannot search or find address

Started by UKlocusfan, May 19, 2013, 00:21:47

UKlocusfan

Have been using Locus Pro for years on my Android phone but have now put it on my Android tablet (ICS) but am having a big problem.

The tablet is only a cheap MID non-branded tablet without GPS or bluetooth but it works perfectly and I don't have any problems with it.

For some reason though Locus wont look up addresses.

When I long press on a road it does the address search (because I enabled that option) but it says no address found.
The same thing happens when I try to do a simple search for an address or location - it instantly tells me it cant find the address.

The online maps work etc etc so its seeing the internet.

I have no idea why this is happening as Google maps looks up addresses ok and so do other apps - its just Locus Pro that wont do anything when it comes to searching for or long pressing on a location to find its address.

Any ideas please?
Thanks.
  •  

gynta

Try to reboot your device and tell us the result.
This is not the bug fixing but if this help, Menion can see the problem.

jusc

Do have the problem after you restart the tablet too?
Regards J.
  •  

UKlocusfan

Thanks gynta and jusc - but restarting the tablet does not help  :-(
  •  

Menion

it's good, at least we should find a problem :)

do you have your device rooted? Because I'll need a log and best logs are from LogCat program. If you don't have a rooted device, please try to enable logging in Locus (config.cfg file in Locus root directory, set parameter "record_debug_logs=1", and logs should be after you stop Locus in Locus/logs directory). Hope there will be any clue
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

UKlocusfan

Thanks menion.

My device isn't rooted.

LogCat works on non-rooted devices though doesn't it?

Anyway, I've enabled the record_debug...will start Locus, do a search, close Locus and attach a log on here.

Cheers menion

UPDATE:
There is a new log in the folder... but its blank. (?)
  •  

Menion

hmm catLog worked on non-rooted devices just till android 4.1. From 4.1 you need to have root. Unfortunately due to some Google changes ...

empty log. This is my curse. It sometimes happen and I don't know why. Please try to kill locus in application manager on your device and try it once more, then it should work. Just after you close Locus with back button, wait a while ...
  •  

UKlocusfan

Thanks Menion.

No luck.  :-(  The new log file is still completely empty.  I've checked and the '1' is enabled ok.

:-(
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "UKlocusfan"There is a new log in the folder... but its blank. (?)
What version of Locus?
It works with test 2.11.1.5 -> viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3030#p20362

UKlocusfan

Version 2.11.1 currently the latest on the android Play store.
  •  

gynta

That's why I post the link..  ;)

UKlocusfan

CatLog only needs root for Jellybean... I'm on Ice Cream Sandwich  :-)

i'm installing it now.:-)

What do you need from it menion?

Thanks.

UPDATE:- heres a CatLog.  Opened Locus Pro, long pressed address (didn't work) then did a search for a street (didn't work), closed Locus Pro, uploaded CatLog
  •  

Menion

so in logcat is ... nothing

please install this test version viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3030#p20362 and try to search for some address by search > address tool. After that just close locus and save log. Thanks
  •  

UKlocusfan

Thanks menion.

I've installed the latest test version and it does the exact same thing.  Cannot search, cannot hold down for an address and every log generated is empty.  :-(

To just check things work ok and its not a fault with the tablet I have installed ozmand and that works fine for searching for an address.  I'm having to use ozmand to search for an address then share that address with Locus Pro;. :-(
  •  

Menion

CatLog please, CatLog ;)
  •