Pathaway *.prc files in Locus ?

Started by silber1, May 12, 2013, 10:31:11

silber1

Is there any chance to use Pathaway *.prc files  with Locus?

I do a lot of gps work in forest and have a lot of calibrated maps with borders and landmarks.
It would be great, if I could convert this maps into the Locus world.
But I didn't find how to manage it.
Any help appreciated. :D

PS  I just saw, that I can export maps from Quovadis to apemap.
So if I can import apemap into Locus, my problem can be solved ?
  •  

Menion

I'm sorry but I don't know prc files or ApeMap files. You're talking about some raster maps or about some files that contain points/tracks? If you should share one very small file, I can check it. Anyway I do not know that current Locus version should use such files
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

silber1

I found a solution: From QV6 I can export a map to a CompeRmap-file.
This file can be copied into Locus-map directory and loaded without problem.
  •  

Relloz

Hi Experts, I'm a newbie with Locus and after playing with it for half a day find it really exciting.

I've been using mainly PathAway up to now and therefore have tons of maps in PathAways MyNiceMap.prc format.

If your offer, to have a look at such a file, I would be glad to send you one.

Regards

Werner
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  I'm searching for some documentation for this map format, but seems that no one want to publish it (from PathAway developers) and no one discovered how it works (from other app developers). Because I'm trying to make locus "not breaking terms of use" of other map programs/formats/features, I'm worried that this format is strictly used for pathAway right?

isn't there any existing program that allow to convert these maps to other formats?
  •  

Relloz

Hi Menion,

Quoteisn't there any existing program that allow to convert these maps to other formats?
>

Thank you for your quick reply!

No, not as far as I know. I've been using PathAway for years, but never found someting like that.

The tools provided by PathAway-makers can convert TO *.prc, not FROM!

Maybe related to this: I never found a viewer for *.prc, which allows me to quickly look at the *.prc in my PC.

Kindly yours

Werner
  •  

Menion

Hello Relloz,
  I was searching once more for some extra information related to this map format, but seems there is ... nothing. It's always possible to do some "reverse engineering", but because I try to keep Locus as legal as possible, and because this format seems to be private format for ApeMaps and not for a public usage, I cannot help here.
  •