Track speed color

Started by silber1, May 08, 2013, 18:26:11

silber1

[attachment=0:246yqhlz]colortrack.jpg[/attachment:246yqhlz]There is also an other idea/wish to tracks:

In Touratech Qvadis 6 you can colour code a track with track speed. I use this when going by car and want to see my different speed on certain places.
Could this also an item in Locus?
  •  

gynta

tap track
tap tools symbol
tap edit
tap appernace
disable style of folder
choose mode - speed or change of speed
tap ok

edit
see clip...

silber1

thanks for this good primer of Locus! It takes time to find all nice features and settings of Locus.
Now I see different colours on my track.

Is there a setting for the speed region: e.i. blue over green to red?

In Qvadis I can align a speed-span from 0 to 100 km/h  over the full colour range?
In my Locus track, I only can see two colors between 0 and 60 km/h.
  •  

Menion

when I was creating this feature, and it's quite long ago, just for a testing I set some colors and seems that this remain also into current version. Current track coloring is defined

from full blue (minimum, 0%) to full red (maximum, 100%). There is no part of green color, so only these two. Is there any "standart" or just better scale range that should be set for this track coloring?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

silber1

See the attachment in my posting from May 8th.

Here you see, that you can set a speed range 0-110 km/h in the example.
And for this range, you can set a colour plate from deep blue for 0 km/h and purpur for 110 km/h.

Speed and couler range can be set for any wanted range. It is a great tool in QV6.
I think all the necessary fundamentels and tools are already implemented in Locus ?
Maybei only some little steps are to be done, to have the same feature in Locus  ;) .
  •  

gynta

Im not sure how many people need this "painting" stuff.
The information is quite trivial.
"Wow, look!- here my speed is xx"
This is more for an aftershow on the PC.

but why not.
...if it's easy to realize.

silber1

for me it is not painting. I use it to monitor my driving with my car. So it is very easy to see, where I have been at a certain time and have been  over the speedlimit and I was radared by police.

Some month ago I could rejecet a protocol, by documenting, that at the measure point I was within the limit and it was not allowed to measered at the documented point outside a village.

I do such monitoring with a datalogger and display it on my Quovadis software.
But becomming a Android Locus fan, I would like to do this job with Locus.
  •  

tommi

For this purpose it is sufficient to check the track diagram where you get exactly this information but in a more down-to-earth way.
Btw. and out of curiosity, in which country is it possible to convince Police with such amateur equipment (this is not against Locus but a matter of fact)and how often are you in such a situation?
  •  

silber1

The way/speed diagramm is a nice tool in Locus and I know you can combine it with the trackview.
But the coloured track gives a quick transparent view over a greater area.

You need a good lawyer who found, that the boys made two mistakes in measurement. One was, that they couldn't  prove that their equippment was properly calibrated! The other was, that the measured speed was allowed at the certain point.
For that case a Locus way/speed diagramm could have been even better.
  •  

Menion

oki, so color extended to

0% - full blue
50% - full green
100% - full red

I think that so precise possibility to manually set these colors as you posted on screenshot is not necessary on mobile device
  •  

silber1

It is quite ok! Many thanks for fullfilling nearly every wish! Locus will get better and better.
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
the color of recorded tracks is a nice to have but after saving the record this information is gone and I see only the default track color.
Is this intended or is restoring the different colors no longer possible?

PS: I can live with it :-)
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

gynta

hm should work.
I load the track and see the "speed colors"
Maybe your track folder setting overruled all of them.

Menion

don't understand. you record track and this track has set some colors in settings and when you save it, it change it's appearance to folder right? If you mean this, then it's correct behaviour.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"don't understand. you record track and this track has set some colors in settings and when you save it, it change it's appearance to folder right? If you mean this, then it's correct behaviour.

I did not understand one word :-)

I record a track with "color style of recorded track" set to speed or altitude.
During recording I see the different colors.
If I save this record all different colors have gone and only the default track color (magenta) is shown for the whole track (I have not ended Locus till now).
If I want to see an already recorded track then I see only the default track color and not the colors dependent of speed or altitude.

This behavior was always the same on my smartphone since you added this feature.

@gynta:
What do you mean with "Maybe your track folder setting overruled all of them"?
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •