SOLVED: problems with providers.xml

Started by brotbuexe, May 04, 2013, 21:06:44

brotbuexe

Solution: Found the issue. Had a "providers_backup.xml" in the custom folder. Didn't know Locus reads "providers*.xml". :)

As I realized that the Name and URL of the Lonvia has changed, I tried to update the providers.xml, but I don't get it to work.

Without the providers.xml I have the 4 Lonvia Overlays unter "Overlays". So it looks like they are already included.
Or is there any caching in Locus that happens to still show online maps that are not included?

With my attached providers.xml, I have only 2 of my added "Waymarked Trails" under "Waymarked Trails layers".
The other two are still under "Overlays" listed as "Lonvia...".

Why is this? I tried to change the IDs, doesnt work.

As a side note, I see "Hike&Bike Hillshade" with a downloadable=no and "HikeBikeMap Hillshade overlay" with downloadable=yes in Locus under Overlays. Isn't it the same or does it use different URLs?
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  yes, since I think 2.10.2, Locus reads all *.xml files, so you can have separate configuration for various map and edit just these maps. Anyway keed in mind, that all maps should have unique ID, otherwise only first map with unique ID will be used

and about "Hike&Bike Hillshade" ... only one Hike&Bike is in Locus overlays, so It's probably any of your custom maps?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

brotbuexe

Quote from: "menion"and about "Hike&Bike Hillshade" ... only one Hike&Bike is in Locus overlays, so It's probably any of your custom maps?

Yes it was in the backup.xml.
  •