BT GPS receiver used

Started by silber1, May 03, 2013, 18:38:33

silber1

I use an extern BT mouse which works fine with Locus.
I can set a signal, if a fix is done. It works fine.
I can set a signal if a fix is lost. But no signal is generatet. Neither a tone, nor a vibration.

A bug ?
  •  

Menion

hi,
 sometimes it do not work immediately and it take few seconds till some notification appear. Did you waited a while? Probably yes ...

in this case should be useful, to record an NMEA message and I can then check what information is coming from your BT device. So please in GPS settings, is item "Record NMEA log", so enable it and then try to connect to BT GPS. After it lost GPS fix, stop Locus and in Locus/data/nmea should be a recorded file with all transmitted messages from GPS. Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

silber1

Good morning,
many thanks for comming back to my problem quickly.
I am an old (78) pc and gps senior, working for many years  with gps and navigation.
I use all the Touratech-Q-Vadis versions together with Pathaway on pc, handy, pda, notebook and now I switched over to Android.
In the meantime a learned  Android from the scratch on Samsung S3 mini and Note 10.2.

By doing this, I found your great Locus. Also here there was a longer learning curve, but now I can manage it.
Today I want to praise Locus for the best gps-navigation prog I ever used! Clever menues, clever applications and very very userfriendly.
Many thanks!!!!

Now I come back to the forum. Also the forum is great and very helpful and very reponsive. Also here many thanks!

Now the problem:

I connectet Locus with my Qstarz BT-Q1000P.  Switched BT gps on at the right panel. After some seconds it connected and sent the pip.
After a minute I swichted BT gps off at the right side. No signals are sent  :( . Then I left Locus and copied the nema-file, which I attach to this mail.

I hope you can get a hint from it.

Gerhard in Erlangen-Germany.
  •  

Menion

hello,
  thank you for a nice words, mainly from such qualified user :)

I think, log is here not necessary. I know fully understand what you mean thanks to your description in last paragraph. Problem is that you completely turn off your BT GPS.

Because Locus receive data from GPS device, and if this data contain information that fix is lost, then do notification! You're correct that in your case, when Locus completely lost connection to BT device, it do not correctly notify. I'll fix this, thanks for information!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

silber1

Glad to hear you can fix  it.
During investigation the problem I found some information about "pseudostandorte zulassen", but I found no advantage to use this development tool.

I have an old Holux GPSlim236 gps-mouse. This mouse will by no means comunicate with Locus. It is not important for me, but for your information only. Some other gps programs can connect, especially with "pseudostandorte zulassen" switched on.
  •