[APP] - version 2.11.X+

Started by Menion, April 28, 2013, 09:30:20

tommi

news
- improved system for setting coordinate system

I see the changed settings menu but in top panel the display of WGS coordinates is two strange strings. If I instead start latest Locus Pro the display for WGS is ok.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "tommi"...in top panel the display of WGS coordinates is two strange strings.
don't found the problem - u have a screenshot?

tommi

no, don't have it.
But I found the reason: The format for WGS wasn't properly configured (none of the 3 possible formats was activated) and therefore the top panel coordinate display was something like 32U blablanumber.
=> The problem is that (likely due to the changed coordinate system) by default no format was configured.
  •  

Menion

as usually I forget to fix last issues in this topic before releasing new test version :). Thanks tommi, I'll fix it to next test version, so in this new 2.11.1.5 is still this problem ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ormoru

"Line tools" in czech version isn't translate.
In line tools windows in czech version isn't translate the title, subtitle "Intersection" and button "Compute intersection".

If I use "Compute intersection" ... select start point, end point from map. Tap on the "Compute intersection" button and ... nothing. No info, no draw line. Nothing. I see map too. Anything wrong?
  •  

Menion

translation is already done before release. in these versions are new texts only in english ...

line tools - intersection > hmm that's what I expect :). First tab define first line, second tab second line. So if you want to compute intersection, you have to  define both lines ;). I'll rather give first line definition also into second tab, to make it clear, right?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"2.11.1.5 - Test version
- new sliding tabs in "GetLocation screen" and "Navigate to" screen - what you think? Useful, waste, needs improvements?

old / new

[attachment=1:1lfw4sh6]nav.png[/attachment:1lfw4sh6]

is it impossible to use the same system (see marked area)?

[attachment=0:1lfw4sh6]pick.png[/attachment:1lfw4sh6]

Menion

discussion about line intersection is here https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... n_function

and gynta ... I was thinking about it quite a lot. Both headers for tabs are used widely in Android and non is preferred. Style used in maps/data is good for more then two tabs. But it do not look so elegant I think. This system on second side looks nice if there are just two max three items. Hmm hard to say ... I was also looking on system used in new Google Play application, where is also small strip below tabs ... truth is that if all headers use same style, it should looks best ... damn ... I'll be thinking about it once more :)
  •  

pragyaware

Quote from: "tommi"no, don't have it.
But I found the reason: The format for WGS wasn't properly configured (none of the 3 possible formats was activated) and therefore the top panel coordinate display was something like 32U blablanumber.
=> The problem is that (likely due to the changed coordinate system) by default no format was configured.
Yes you are absolutely agree with you!!!

gynta

Quote from: "menion"20.5.2013 - Locus 2.11.1.6 - Test version
...I completely changed tabs system. It looks almost same, but code is more elegant and hope that much more bug-resistant.
looks good now..

tramp20

Quote from: "tramp20"Hi menion,
the handling at stopping a track recording could be improved IMO:
1. If I tap on stop Locus should show "Stopped" instead of "Paused".
2. If I accept or change the filename Locus should show "Saving" instead of nothing (this could last several seconds and I get a little panic).
3. Why is the recording symbol in the Android statusbar always visible after stopping a record? It should disappear earlier.

In the sun I see always only some important hints but not all without eye glasses so Locus should be clear :-)

Hi menion,
did you remember this suggestions?
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Now testing 2.11.1.7 Sorry not much time.

1. It is definitely slower. Thing like selecting a track for guiding and displaying it. Rebuilding the vector map when panning etc etc. Switching vector maps close to 20 seconds etc. Even opening the menu.
Mapquest online is fast enough.
2. Activating a kml file from mapitems (with 15 short gpx files and 15 waypoints freezes up Locus and gives a restart of Locus. Added Catlog.
3. Nice sliding panels in Navigation and Guiding.
4. When selecting guiding I occasionally get an extra red heading line (same arrow spacing and line thickness as my normal yellow one, pointing random direction). My normal one is yellow. I tried a screenshot (but offcourse could not reproduce it).

Sorry not to have been helpful earlier but after two nice weekend days of smooth guiding with Locus 2.11.1 this 1.7 is not going to be my companion (or I will buy a new phone, not yet!).
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

Hello Henk,
  thank you for a test. You sometimes wrote "sorry", but this is really not a necessary. I should be sorry for problems and not just for testing!!

Anyway slowness of app is probably because whole log is completely full of some OutOfMemory problems. Seems that since you finished import, Locus enlarge to 30MB (which is limit on your device) and all probably started to be un-usable. How long are tracks you loaded? These 15 tracks completely filled your memory, is this possible? Or you're using some map overlays, WMS layers?

I'm sure that without tracks, it should works fine. Mainly because there were no radical changes that should have influence on app speed.

@tramp: I was reading it immediately you wrote it. Then I started checking it and found that function "save part" that is used for storing just a current recorded part do not work. So I started to fix it (and improve a little) and after that I completely forget on your post, sorry ... :)

- 1. so, why "stopped", when record is really just paused? Till you store record, track is really just paused, so when you cancel "save" dialog, recording will continue
- 2. ah I know ... there is a while (a longer for longer tracks) where I also sometimes think if all works fine on background or not :)
- 3. by stop is mean moment, when track is stored in database. Anyway since you press "OK" in "save" dialog, in this moment, track record notification should be removed from notification bar
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Quite small, see attachment.
I did not start up the test version with the kml active. No map overlays, WMS layers

I tried now activating it with Mapquest online map active and everything went normal and speed of Locus was quite normal.
I then changed to the (famous) Netherlands hike vector map and again everything was quite normal, no restarts and speed usable. So far so good. (Aha, but I had zoomed in above level 10).

So I again started the test version with the vector map active and then loaded the kml and then I understood. Because after loading the map zooms out to show all of the track. And I now my device does not manage to show the Neth hike vector map in zoomlevel 8. 2.11.1 is the same and restarts also. So that point is old news.

Learning every day and now I am getting a new phone  :D  (waterproof, small and fast, anyone?)
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

eccentric_

The GC listing tabs formatting is much better in 2.11.1.4+ the text and pictures aligns correctly now compared to the current release.

GC swiping between tabs works great. The only minor issue is larger pictures require sideways scrolling before the swipe can work. Would it be possible to resize pictures to fit the screen size at the default zoom level?

Why does the image tab load by default between listing and logs? Instead of;
|  Information  |  Listing   |   Logs  |   Trackables  |   Images   |

Shouldn't the default hint value be encoded instead of decoded?

App crashs when trying to log a GC...?

I really like the POI icon resizing at zoom 12, much less cluttered!

Thanks for fixing POI grouping parking waypoint group lines I don't use grouping but that bugged me :)
  •