[APP] - version 2.11.X+

Started by Menion, April 28, 2013, 09:30:20

Menion

chrabros: don't be confused :) Křovak is really crazy ;)

tuancse: are you sure? I'm just testing it and seems to work correctly. Check it please once more and if it will not work, may you post a screenshot here? It should help to start
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tuancse

Menion: I'm sure that POI GROUPING IS ON. Any zoom does not show Grouping numbers. I'm using offline Google map. Is there any log/debug file I can send to you as screenshot does not help in this case?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "tuancse"Any zoom does not show Grouping numbers.
It works here:[attachment=0:3jc1jmop]Screenshot_2013-05-01-10-56-48.png[/attachment:3jc1jmop]

gynta

http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... ation_file

# GEOCACHING
# --------------------------------
# pack of icons used for geoaching points (default: empty)
geocaching_icon_pack=geocaching_icons.zip
is default: "empy" or "geocaching_icons.zip"?

Menion

I'm also unable to simulate not working POI grouping :/ .. do you have more icons on map at lower zoom? Maybe try more points at once? :)

gynta, default is empty (as written in description). I usually copy my own content of config file, and this is one where I tested some icons, that's all ...
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"...default is empty (as written in description). I usually copy my own content of config file, and this is one where I tested some icons, that's all ...
So i have now corrected the knowledge base description...

tuancse

gynta: I know how it works as previous version is ok.
Menion : I have 46 POIs. It used to be ok in the previous version. Anyway, it is really not a big problem. I'll let you know when I figure it out.
  •  

pmoravec

Bad news - with this version of Locus is silently crashing on me when moving around the vector map (probably a null pointer in native code?), one second the window is visible, the next I am at home screen. I would suspect insufficient memory issues as in the old times, but the stats around seem to contradict this. No file is created in /sdcard/Locus/logs, and the  only set of messages I was able to recover from the log is:

D/dalvikvm(12627): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 1122K, 26% free 11766K/15820K, paused 178ms, total 179ms
F/libc    (12627): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000000 (code=1), thread 28591 (Thread-948)
F/libc    (12627): Unable to open connection to debuggerd: Connection refused
I/Sensors (  398): mSensors[2]->enable(0, 0)
I/Sensors (  398): mSensors[2]->enable(2, 0)
I/WindowState(  398): WIN DEATH: Window{41413a28 u0 menion.android.locus.pro/menion.android.locus.core.MainActivity}
I/ActivityManager(  398): Process menion.android.locus.pro (pid 12627) has died.
W/ActivityManager(  398): Scheduling restart of crashed service menion.android.locus.pro/menion.android.locus.core.services.PeriodicUpdatesService in 5000ms
D/Zygote  (  100): Process 12627 terminated by signal (11)
W/WindowManager(  398): Force-removing child win Window{4143b2a0 u0 SurfaceView} from container Window{41413a28 u0 menion.android.locus.pro/menion.android.locus.core.MainActivity}
W/ActivityManager(  398): Force removing ActivityRecord{40e7fe98 u0 menion.android.locus.pro/menion.android.locus.core.MainActivity}: app died, no saved state
W/WindowManager(  398): Failed looking up window
W/WindowManager(  398): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Requested window android.os.BinderProxy@412fd800 does not exist
W/WindowManager(  398):         at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.windowForClientLocked(WindowManagerService.java:8171)
W/WindowManager(  398):         at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.windowForClientLocked(WindowManagerService.java:8162)
W/WindowManager(  398):         at com.android.server.wm.WindowState$DeathRecipient.binderDied(WindowState.java:932)
W/WindowManager(  398):         at android.os.BinderProxy.sendDeathNotice(Binder.java:433)
W/WindowManager(  398):         at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)
I/WindowState(  398): WIN DEATH: null

Any idea what's going on? Or is there a way how to get more info for you if the problem happens again?
  •  

Menion

omg, this happen with 2.11.0 or with new 2.11.1?
  •  

pmoravec

I still don't see the update, so to make it clear - this happens with 2.11.0, there is no update to 2.11.1 visible for me in Play Store yet.
  •  

Menion

I just uploaded new version so it will take some time ...

Fine. In vector maps was one issue. I had incorrectly synchronized one HashMap, that may cause such problems. You'll see what will do new version tomorrow ... otherwise crash error is really "crazy" :/
  •  

Menion

fine, so seems that all works fine in new version. At least no serious problem. Unfortunately I'll have quite full May (moving from one flat to another, some family affairs and some more) so it will be little bit slower now. just warning for you.

Anyway ... is there something I promised to do and it's not yet completed? Current version (and April at all) was mainly in name of "Altitude manager" and vector maps speed improvements. I would like in May to focus on navigation, track editing and all these stuff around Navigation & Guiding. We all know that it works, but it's too complicated. So I would like mainly to simplify it and mainly editing of tracks make faster. Nothing against this? Believe no :)

EDIT: btw. has anyone tried last parameter in configuration file? Just some test function ;) (need elevation files for map area you want to test)
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"EDIT: btw. has anyone tried last parameter in configuration file? Just some test function ;) (need elevation files for map area you want to test)
Yes, I tried this.
But what does the gray parts on a vector map mean?
They do not mark the summit or the steepest slopes, I think they are randomly :-(
What elevation files do I need and where to get from and where to save them?
I have in srtm two hgt- and one DAC-files.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

randomly? I'm sad :) it should be hillshading ... hmm it looks better in some hilly areas
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"randomly? I'm sad :) it should be hillshading
What should I see?
Hillshading: the whole hill, one side only or the steepest side? Should the summit be the darkest part?
I am using your maps.
Can you show me an example (perhaps a bavarian hill)?

And my question: which elevation files do I need?
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •