Random scale/distance/speed on high-resolution screen

Started by usver, April 24, 2013, 10:06:22

usver

I use Locus Pro 2.10.2 on device with android 4.2.1. Display size is 5.7 inch, resolution 1280x720.

Scale indicator behave absolutely erratic on personal maps in SQL format. It shows random values. On attached screenshot scale length is 4 km at 17th zoom, while it's actual length should be ca. 180 m.
[attachment=0:fmxy5pku]1.jpg[/attachment:fmxy5pku]
Moreover Locus uses this erratic scale values for speed and distance calculation. So after a short walk (ca. 4 km in 1 hour) I got very funny recorded track with 65 km track length and average speed 67 km/h.

I guess, program uses BYTE data type for dpi value. Dpi of my screen is more then 256, so the program cannot process it.
  •  

usver

One more illustration for this bug.
Importing track (35 points, 5 km length) into Locus.
I have imported this track 6 times, before each import I have changed zoom of displayed map. The results of each import are different. One time Locus was able to import track correctly. Other 5 imports are false.
[attachment=0:3opoikzm]locus_bugs.jpg[/attachment:3opoikzm]
[attachment=1:3opoikzm]5km.gpx[/attachment:3opoikzm]
  •  

Menion

Hello usver,
  I wanted to publish test version and ask you for test, but this version is not yet ready. Anyway ...

fortunately I installed one alternative rom to one of my devices few days ago and after that, I yesterday discovered exactly same problem. After few hours of testing, I found that it's some serious problem directly in Android, fortunately one weird workaround seems to work. So in next version this will be fixed on 99%. Just expect that values you see in list of tracks are stored in database, so you'll probably see them also after update, anyway scale, values when you tap on track, also navigation, all should work correctly

EDIT: if you'll have time, you may check this version viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2983#p19941
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •