Track distance

Started by HTWB, April 20, 2013, 11:06:35

HTWB

Hi,
When looking at a completed track on the map I can move it to the red centre cross and it will tell me a point number and altitude. Is it possible to tell me the distance from the start to that point? TIA
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Hi,

What Locus version are you on?  SInce maybe 2.9.7 (but at least the recent 2.10.2) shows that ecxactly, see screendump (track_distances). From Start (of track) to point 3 is 848 meters and from point 3 to finish of track is 24169 meters.

If you want to know the distance from your actual position to point 3, move the redcorss over point three and choose guiding, pick on map, confirm. See scrrenshot track_distances_guide_on. My actual position was 37082 meters from point 3.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

HTWB

Yes, that is what I wd like to see. I have version 2.10.2.  What settings do I need to tick to achieve this?
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Try:  Settings/ Map - Objects and Style / "scroll down to Style on Map" / Show Labels (Tracks) . I use "on hover".

Same goes for labels of Waypoints.
  •  

HTWB

Aha.  Got it. I had :      Settings/ Map - Objects and Style / "scroll down to Style on Map" / Show Labels (Tracks) . I use "on hover".

But I also had:  Disable extra track labels    ticked.          Unticked this and all is fine.

Many thanks.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Great. I did not realise the effect of that one because actually, the description is a bit confusing for me (with ...start/stop ...). I thought it only influenced the labels for the startpoint and endpoint of a track (but I never had it ticked).
  •