Track recording stopped unexpectedly

Started by hugbert, April 15, 2013, 14:46:41

hugbert

Hi,

Yesterday I used Locus Pro 2.10.2 with a GPS mouse the first time. I made a round trip on Inline Skates, from A to B, and the same way back from B to A.
I then noticed that track recording stopped somewhere between B and A.
Is this a "side effect" or is this something I could have caused by misconfiguration?
Thank you
hugbert
  •  

Menion

Hello Hugbert,
  it's not best presentation for locus, just on first trip. I'm thinking what may cause troubles. There is anyway no settings, that may turned off GPS and then stop track recording without pressing stop button. You wrote that track record was stopped somewhere ... what does it mean? You turned on display and Locus was not running and just notified you, that there is previous track record?

There is anyway no settings that should affect this. So
1. system should kill Locus when screen was turned off (not much probable on SGS2)
2. there was some problem in Locus (possible but is needed log with this problem)
3. by some accident you stopped record (not much probable, because Locus should display window where you define parameters before save track)

so, most probably it's a problem in Locus anyway I suggest to try it again. Alternatively you may record for whole track record, log on background by aLogCat program and if there will be any problem, log from this program should help to solve it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

hugbert

Hey Menion,

Yesterday I made the same trip .... with same result. Recording stopped almost at the same point as the day before (a few 100 m distance)
 I donĀ“t get it. "Stopped" means that tracking was correct for A/B but I have a checkered flag in the middle of the trip back B/A.
At the end of the trip, when I reached  my car, I took the phone, turned on display and saw that recording was running --> pressed the stop button. When checking the trip I made, I saw, that it stopped recording almost at the same point as the day before.
The only thing I noticed was, that Locus Pro lost the BlueTooth connection to my GPS mouse (i-Blue 747A+ Bluetooth GPS). "no connection to device"
Restarting Locus reestablished the connection. ( I have the devices in the same pocket, did not touch the GPS mouse)
QuoteAlternatively you may record for whole track record, log on background by aLogCat program and if there will be any problem, log from this program should help to solve it.
Do you mean the free version of aLogcat fom J.Blattmann?
What parameters ( log format / level / buffer, filter) would be helpful?

Regards
Hugbert
  •  

Menion

hmm this is really weird. It seems that Locus lost connection after some specific time.

Yes yes, I mean this aLogCat. Parameters .. hmm more is better for one time.

I also don't want to bother you with this, but seems that no one other has problems with BT connection (I'm personally used also BT device (QStarz) and no problem), so I'll need some help to solve it. So hope you don't mind too much. Thank you!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

the trekbuddies

@hugbert are you using the 747 in nav or log mode? sometimes in log mode the data gets corrupt and causes the same problem in other apps (Trekbuddy for one) nav mode does not record to the 747 so prevents this, to fix corrupted track logs just delete them using the pc software that came with the device (gpsphototagger i expect)
  •  

hugbert

@trekbuddies
Thank you, no I use the 747 in nav mode only. I will clean the mouse as you suggest.
Regards
Hugbert

edit
@menion
It will take some days until I do a next trip.
I will try to do some logging then.
Regards
Hugbert
  •  

silber1

I had the similar problem. Finally I found a weak battery in my gps mouse, which went down after 15 min.
The next day the same.
New battery cured the effekt!
  •