wifi disconnection

Started by the trekbuddies, April 10, 2013, 22:43:38

the trekbuddies

when importing gpx, unloading field notes i keep getting disconnected from my wifi only happens when using locus and happens on 2 devices, it's driving me nuts
  •  

Menion

hello,
  I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can help you with. For handling (disconnect, connect, turn on/off) is required special Android permission that Locus do not have. Locus only can check if wi-fi is turned on and if is connected, but nothing more.

Is this happen to you really only with Locus? No other apps that do some intensive operations (like import of points) have this problem?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

druki

@the trekbudies: to find the cause, you could test it with an other wifi connection (friend, office, some hotspot). If it works there, then it's your wifi that causes problems. Firmware of wifi router is up to date?
  •  

the trekbuddies

ok after further testing it happens when i have bluetooth gps enables but the gps is off, i get the message unable to connect to device then the wifi is killed, i'll run a logcat to see whats going on
  •  

Menion

perfect, logcat is best solution here. We'll see if there will be any valuable information
  •  

the trekbuddies

log attached
  •  

Menion

thanks for log! There is some problem on line 227 where is

I/wpa_supplicant( 4144): wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=c8:d1:5e:90:a3:1b reason=0
I was searching and searching and found that Nexus 7 and Wi-fi are not best friends. Check mainly here http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=35496 . I was not reading it completely, so maybe you'll find there any solution or at least useful information. Anyway even if Locus cause some troubles to Bluetooth, it should not affect Wi-fi. 1. it's not logic and 2. Locus do not have correct rights to handle with wi-fi connection.

Hope this helps you a little
  •  

the trekbuddies

hi i should have mentioned the problem device is HTC sensation  rooted running stock Euro stock 3.33.401.53
  •  

Menion

hmm yes, you should :) Anyway in the end, this do not change nothing on what I wrote
  •