BRouter 0.9.1

Started by gynta, April 04, 2013, 20:34:26

marram

•  

jusc

Quote from: menion on July 21, 2013, 17:53:16

What to do? With this new BRouter service, every developer may use BRouter app directly, so it can be called within a code to compute parameters. So if there will be interest from your (users) side and from Arndt site, I should look at it ...

Yes, I´m waiting too ;)
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

•  

Menion

ah I forget on this topic. Arndt already answered me on some questions I ask him, anyway .. hmm, what's the main task here? What you expect from me to do? :). Add BRouter as an additional item next to MapQuest, CloudMade etc. that allow compute route between two points?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion on October 03, 2013, 13:22:13
ah I forget on this topic. Arndt already answered me on some questions I ask him, anyway .. hmm, what's the main task here? What you expect from me to do? :). Add BRouter as an additional item next to MapQuest, CloudMade etc. that allow compute route between two points?
Yes, including selection of the different routing profiles.
Support in navigation and route and measure screens.
No idea how nogo points would match into locus system but this has in my eyes only 2nd priority.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: menion on October 03, 2013, 13:22:13
I´m not sure if that is the best way, because BRouter works in an other way as p. e. Cloudemade.
At last BRouter works only between two points (start point  with name = "from" and target point with name = "to"). Diffrent from Cloudmade you have to define all interim targets as VIA points and the two points "from" and "to"before you can start the calculation of BRouter. With Cloudmade you start with the first point and second point is defined automatically as first tartget or VIA point, if you set another (second) target and so on.
In my eyes it would be better, users should be asked after tapping the "new route" button if they want to calcuilate it online (Cloudemade/Mapquest etc.) or offline with BRouter.
In settings nothing should changed, So your preference for online routing should be selectable before.

What I mean: I select Cloudmade for online routing in settings. No I start to calculate a new route, And than pops up only the question online or offline. If I choose "online" the calculation starts automatically with Cloudmade.

justmy2cents

Regards J.
  •  

tommi

I'm thinking Locus should feed brouter only with two points.
Currently you define the route e.g. by
from via1 via2 to.
Locus could call brouter in a sequence with
from=from to=via1
from=via1 to=via2
from=via2 to=to
  •  

jusc

Do you think, Locus can change the first "to" point to Via1 if the user sets a new ("to") point and so on?
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

The user shall not set from, to, via. Locus shall set to and from points according to the programming interface brouter offers.
The user shall set points in Locus as for other routing services.
Example: Route and measure: User defines four points p1, p2, p3, p4 and selects the routing profile.
Locus takes p1 and p2 and calls brouter with from=p1, to=p2 routing profile and gets back the calculated route1.
Then Locus calls brouter with from=p2, to=p3 and again gets back route2.
Then the same with p3, p4 and route3.
Locus concatenates route 1, 2, 3 and saves this as the result of route and measure.
  •  

gynta

Topic closed
New thread -> http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3434.0
Because there are essential modifications between BRouter and Locus.