addProvider Messages Bug

Started by szebenyib, March 22, 2013, 21:00:42

szebenyib

Hi!

I have just upgraded Locus to the newest version. After starting the app, it came alive normally, however, I keep getting messages (a lot, I have closed it now and they are still coming (more than a minute), their message says:
"addProvider(menion.android.locus.core.maps.c.o@415b9058), duplicite! Already exists:menion.android.locus.core.maps.c.o@somekindofnumber"

Maybe it has got something to do with my maps? How can I help?

Now they have stopped, but after having restarted the app they came back again, even with the app stopped by holding menu button long and swiping it to the right from recent apps. I guess it triggers a lot of error messages which may not be handled properly by android as they are appearing even with the app long gone. Or maybe this is intended to be so, but then the error message is not properly sent (sent a lot of times). Please see the screenshto attached.

No matter how many little problems like this arise, you are still the best with an awesome app ;) (and support too :) )
  •  

dreamteam

Same on my side!

I am getting also another error when I am trying to download a vector map saying that it is forbidden

Best regards

Sent from Galaxy Note with Tapatalk
  •  

druki

Provider bug: solution is to rename all xml files except providers.xml (this is the real one!) under Locus/mapsonline/custom/ to an other extension like i.e. providers-old.bak
If you have aditional config files for map providers (and want to use it), mind that the id at each entry is unique for all files.
  •  

Menion

issue with providers is described here by druki viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2946#p19633 (and below once more by me). Problem with access to store - please update once more. Update 2.10.0 of version 2.10.0 :) should be already available on Google Play
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

szebenyib

I have only providers.xml and providers_backup.xml - I have not tinkered with it, it must have been created by the backup tool of locus.

update: second update installed now at 23:30, issue still persists
  •  

dreamteam

Back to normal with 2.10.1

Best regards

Sent from Galaxy Note with Tapatalk
  •  

Menion

fine. may someone say me how it's possible, that almost everyone has "providers_backup.xml"? It's some backup file from MapTweak? Or everyone do backup manually? weird, because Locus do not do any backups of providers.xml file ...
  •  

szebenyib

Notifications are no longer there. It is really great to wake up for this :)))
I don't do anything manually in the folders of locus. Shall we delete that providers_backup.xml? Could it have been created by one upgrade?
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "szebenyib"Notifications are no longer there. It is really great to wake up for this :)))
I don't do anything manually in the folders of locus. Shall we delete that providers_backup.xml? Could it have been created by one upgrade?
You don't need to do anything with this file. It will be ignored by Locus >= 2.10.1
  •  

Menion

Thats not correct ;) if you delete this file, locus will start around 200 ms (on galaxy note 2) faster. This backup file is also read. I just disabled this "duplicate" notifications ...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  •  

druki

@Menion: Maybe MapTweak, but not current version. For testing, I did the tweak again, no new file was added.
Before, I had the following backup files (not created by me) besides providers.xml:
providers_backup.xml from 14.06.2012
providers.xml~ from 20.06.2012
(if this are dates short after MapTweak releases in GooglePlay, then the investigation goes in this direction).
  •  

Menion

yes I also installed this add-on and checked it and same result. Anyway there is no other possibility then this add-on, because it's only one that work with "providers.xml" file as I know and I received quite a lot of emails because of this.... anyway no problem now. Duplicate maps are just ignored and problem is wrote only as a log into background ...
  •