[APP-DEV] - version 2.9.2+

Started by Menion, March 10, 2013, 18:49:28

tommi

Quote from: "menion"hmm ... try to import backup from your pro version, then close test version, delete file locus/data/config/panels_settings.lb and then start your test version, this may helps
It worked. Thank you. But I do not understand this procedure. Where does the import go to?
  •  

Menion

don't think about it too much :) Process is simple
- you start Locus. It check if exists panels_settings.lb which now contain new configuration of these panels. If exists config is loaded from this file (this also means that since next version, all locus versions will share config of these panels).
- if file do not exists, it looks like you started this version for the first time, so Locus check if exists any previous settings (like the one you imported from backup). If exists, Locus load it and create new panels_settings.lb file
- if it's really new fresh installation, Locus just create default settings ... that's all. In the end, you do not loose any settings if you just update normal version on google play
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Ok, here's my two cents on 2.9.2.8:
1. I like GPS on/off ; clear text.
2. Restoring my side panel with the trick you gave Tommi did not work for me.
3. The Vector Map name in the topbar does not change after automatic map switch, unless I do some zooming in/out. (as in 2.9.2)
4. In Parking or in Backup Manager it is still (as in 2.9.2) nearly impossible to open the time setting field (as reproted earlier).
5. Instead of the "More ->" arrow, why not write "Functions"?

6. I somehow missed two recent recorded tracks. When importing them from the "export" folder in my sd card I got confused. I started at the top of the screen with selecting a folder to import it to but the dark-grey box was inactiv. This was because lower in the screen under Settings there was pre-selected "Only display (not import). Logical but confusing.
So, in that screen, I would start with the two lower lines "1. Only display (not import) and 2. Import and display on map.
Below that then comes the folder choice with the extra "empty selected folder". (EDIT: is ame as in 2.9.2. Was confused by preselected "only display" Still the switching is not consistent.)

7. Aha, long press on item in main menu gives option to change item!! Bring my most used ones one click closer. Like it but needs instruction manual.

8. When using the Quick map switch button a menu opens: for the list of "last used" I would prefer max three map-names so I can see more other maps without scrolling. BTW the menu closes when I rotate my phone from portrait to landscape.

9. I like the possible addition of the settings button to the right panel.
10. Back on 2.9.2 now, I like the filter in the quick map switch screen very much! When in vector mode I have no need to see last used online maps

Ok, so far so good. All done indoors because of snow here in Holland.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

Hi Henk,
  thank you for a valuable feedback!

1. we're think quite long about it, and GPS on/off will remain
2. really not work? hmm here it do not mind too much. Just be sure to delete "panels_settings.lb" file before you update Locus from Google Play!
3. try it a little bit longer. Locus needs to load around 30 tiles from new map only, to set it's name now. I don't see this too important to change it now
4. hmm this is crazy. Tested on four my devices, all works fine (even a Sony X8 wit 2.1A). Don't you plan to update your device to some new version of Android? :)
5. point here is that all these buttons are "functions" and also that we don't have nice icon for functions :). The one used before is quite ofter changed for some extra settings and not into one of most important buttons in Locus
6. hmm this is on discussion. Import/export feature will be our topic for improvements on next month, so I'll keep this in mind. Maybe your idea will be better
7. this is small feature, that is not really important and if someone find it, it will be lucky surprise for him
8, 9, 10. sorry, filter was again removed ... you'll see in next version :))
  •  

Menion

and last two notes ...

- new test version (I would like to release version in friday, so it's last test version and probably almost final if there will be no serious problem)
- did you saw our new video? ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO_FRxTnETE
  •  

Henk van der Spek

2. I will try after friday version (right panel import).
3. Auto vector map switch; updating map name in top panel. I think it is not about loading time. I waited 10 minutes. I thought it had to do with cached map tiles but no. Try this: have your local vector map in screen, then search "Berlin" and you see the vector map change (if available offcourse) but not the map name, for me unless I do some zooming in/out. And not a caching thing because I never had Berlin in view before testing right now.
4. See here, image. https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/9hj3bxo7vc9kp  Must be a Motoblur/Froyo thingy. (As with the edit folder/line style, see attached screendump above).
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
thanks for all test versions.

After upgrading from 2.9.2.8 to .10 I get many many messages on the map display over 4 minutes (and even after a next start).
I have attached a screenshot and a logfile.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

hmm seems I wrote into toast message some hashcodes instead of real values anyway this means, that you have some custom online maps and these errors means that you have more then one map with same ID number. This cause that one map overwrite second because every map has to have unique ID
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"hmm seems I wrote into toast message some hashcodes instead of real values anyway this means, that you have some custom online maps and these errors means that you have more then one map with same ID number. This cause that one map overwrite second because every map has to have unique ID

What will you do against this?
I deleted all maps in mapsonline and in maps so I have only 3 vectormaps downloaded from your store.
Every time I start the new .10 I have these error messages (never before).

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

it's not problem of maps itself. It's problem that you have in Locus/mapsOnline/custom, xml files with definition of custom online maps, that contain duplicate ID's. Maybe you have there more then one xml file? It was my small secret (but it's not anymore) :) that Locus now handle all xml files in this directory, not just providers.xml
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"Maybe you have there more then one xml file?

Yes, I had the providers.xml and a providers_backup.xml. After renaming the second to .bak all is ok again.

Thank you.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

sure, you're welcome. I did this because it now allows for everyone to create configuration xml file just for some map. So there will not be any crazy manuals like, edit providers.xml, put on the end this and delete this, but just "copy this into mapsOnline/custom" and that's all ...

I'll improve this notification text so it will be clear where is problem
  •  

Henk van der Spek

On 2.9.2.10 now.
1. Can you please in Backup Manager / Restore "Complete Backup" sort all backups with newest on top like in Restore "Preferences" (old point, also in 2.9.2)

2. I still think using the Quick Map Switch and showing five Last Online Maps is too much, make it three. Ok, I see, it depends where you come from. Coming from a Vector Map it shows two online maps and five vectormaps, nice solution.

3. I again did not succeed in importing my right sidebar settings.
Qoute: hmm ... try to import backup from your pro version, then close test version, delete file locus/data/config/panels_settings.lb and then start your test version, this may helps...

Is that preferences or complete backup or both and in what order? I think I tried all possibilities.

Yesterday you wrote: Just be sure to delete "panels_settings.lb" file before you update Locus from Google Play! UUUHHH, I take test version from forum here.

4. I missed the smaller wheather screen yesterday? But it is ok for me.

Thanks again.
  •  

Menion

you're my most valuable tester last days :). And you really should not thank me, it should be opposite.

1. Anyway, sorting in opposite direction - have to deny for now, as it's quite a lot of work even it do not look like.

2. yes, active type of map show 5 options, rest only 2

3. forget all I said. Today will be out new version and when you update it from Google Play, all should work correctly without any need for some manual work

4. I really hope all will have same opinion as me, that new weather screen is nice and clean now ;)

Anyway thanks all for feedback you gave me and see you next month with next version ;)
  •