[APP-DEV] - version 2.9.2+

Started by Menion, March 10, 2013, 18:49:28

Menion

Hello to all,
  this is topic related to testing future 2.9.3 version. Topic is for the advanced users that want to help with Locus developing more intensively.

Critics are welcome. Questions on basics are prohibited here ;). All versions will be Locus Free, working as a Locus Pro for limited time. Access to Locus Store may be also limited, so for this, rather use valid Free/Pro version

Also not all changes will be wrote here, just major once. If you expect to anything to be fixed and it's not, let me know.

main information
  • firstly, do COMPLETE BACKUP of your databases! (menu > functions >backup > complete) Locus has some small changes in database and I had to change a way how styles for tracks are stored, so after you store any track with this new system, it will not be back compatible to old version. So you'll have to use this test version till new version will be on Google Play (one, max two weeks), or restore backup and use normal Google Play version
  • also at start, Locus will perform complete re-init of all maps, so first start should be slower
  • I'm not responsible for damages on data, that may occur! So do it on your own risk (I do not expect any damages, but just for sure)
  • if you'll have any problems with maps loading, try to remove "cache" directory

version
[attachment=0:xdg3jbra]2.9.2.10.apk[/attachment:xdg3jbra]

major changes
- new edit point screen
- new edit track screen
- complete new system for track styles
- rewrote top part of main menu
- complete new "Quick map switch
- complete new sorting possibilities for online maps

version 2.9.2.10 RC!, changes (since 2.9.2.8) - update 20.3.2013
- new filters in map manager online/personal/vector tabs
- improved design on "Weather service"
- added ability to define type/country in custom online maps, to sort also this maps correctly
- improvements in online map downloading process
- added ability to switch between new system for edit coordinates and older (two lines for lat/lon) by config file
- many small, mainly GUI, improvements

version 2.9.2.8, changes (since 2.9.2.6) - update 17.3.2013
- new way for definition of zooms to download for online maps (ability to use simplier ways)
- all screen now handle correctly opened keyboard (also show ok/cancel) buttons above soft keyboard
- complete new sorting possibilities for online maps, together with integrated "Overview" mode from "Quick map switch" for test
- new ability to display track profile for manually draw tracks
- little bit improved handling of "fill altitude" function
- added "distance from start" to dashboard
- improvements in "Satellite screen"
- fixed problem with WMS version 1.1.0
- improvements in vector maps styles
- and many many small UI improvements

version 2.9.2.6, changes (since 2.9.2.5) - update 12.3.2013
- fixed problem with sliding panel on Galaxy TAB
- complete new system for handling with icons. This allow to resize them on runtime from original icon, so you always get best resolution
- rewrote settings of modules
- fixed problems with multi-sqlite maps
- fixed styles of POI Grouping
- added 4UMaps as a separate online map

version 2.9.2.5, changes (since 2.9.2) - update 8.3.2013
- rename of "Categories" to "Folders"
- added support for styles for track folders
- new edit track screen
- complete new system for track styles
- added support for outline for tracks (only enabled/disabled and color, width set to 2px)
- improved drawing of tracks on map (speed & style)
- new edit point screen
- added ability to store emails/phones/urls together with points
- improved dialog that start downloading of online maps and added possibility to start download from tools menu of online map
- improved computed speed during track import
- rewrote top part of main menu (there is also one secret, do you find it? :) )
- improved system of GPS-auto off, so it should use more precise locations now
- complete new "Quick map switch
- created very fast method for initializing SQLite and MBT maps
- created precise method to generate bounding boxes of all maps
- created method to keep information about used maps
- rewrote system that handle vector map downloading (should prevent reported crashes)
- added ability to disable track highlight
- added support for "extract" into LocusActions
- added support for "dx" into vector maps "Caption" object
- some GUI improvements
- fixed crashing when creating track manually (problem with sync of Proj.4)
- fixed problem with incorrect sorting of vector maps
- fixed problem with Ant+ sensor
- fixed problem with slowness when more points added in "Add new route" function
- fixed problem with wikipedia search ignoring location
- many other fixes

[attachment deleted by admin]
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote- rewrote top part of main menu
first:
free configurable items are great

2nd:
sorry - the layout is very ugly now
put the "Settings" back!
(eg as left part of the 3rd group line:

free / free

free / free

Settings /  More

tramp20

Hi menion,
with 2.9.2.5 Locus could convert my databases but:

with my OutdoorActive map I lost the last zoom factor, I could not zoom beyond this value and I got a destroyed map view (mixed with a Kompass card).

So I restored my database backup again :-(
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

@gynta: ugly? hmm I have exactly different opinion. Also on settings button. For me it looks perfect now. So 1:1 ;)
@tramp: both maps are SQLite type? very interesting
  •  

durian

I tried it (took 20 minutes to load my maps :) ).

The main menu is still narrow, I went to catlog after running this version, and saved the log: //https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24093622/2013-03-11-08-54-25.txt

-peter
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"@tramp: both maps are SQLite type? very interesting

Yes.

The wrong card appears after some zoom+ tappings and shows then the correct position, the original card stays with the wrong zoom factor.

User ID acc406201
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "Menion"@ gynta? hmm I have exactly different opinion.
Also on settings button.
For me it looks perfect now. Sun 1:1;)
ok "ugly" is probably the wrong word. :)
"unsorted" or "unbalanced" is the better word.

jusc

Quote from: "gynta""unsorted" or "unbalanced" is the better word.

You are right. A menu should be strcutured in main menu, sub menu and so on. This is more a user "fast" change tab, at least for me.
Regards J.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"@tramp: both maps are SQLite type? very interesting

I could reproduce this behavior on my virtual Android androVM_vbox86p_4.1.1: I used only two sqlitedb maps (the same as on my smartphone).

The incorrect zooming is there too: the map has ZF 11-16, but I cannot zoom deeper (with Locus 2.9.2.3 this was ok).

You have to first zoom_minus and then 2-3 times zoom-plus and then you can see this nice picture.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

hmm so firstly about ugly menu :)

I'm not sure I understand where is problem. If you start Locus for the first time, main menu will have "maps", "data", "settings", "more" and two more functions that will be set by selected module at start (as on screenshot). That's main intent, to allow configurable menu but also to set some useful functions to start. Two columns are still elegant as before. Fact that you created from menu complete mess is your problem. Solution to this should only disable ability to set own functions and force users to use predefined as now. I'll probably do it at least for maps, data (first row)

@tramp: I loaded some SQLite maps into my device to test, but I'm not able to simulate your problem. I'm sure it will have something to do with function "autoloading", so if you disable auto-loading of personal maps, it will probably work fine, but it's not an solution. Don't you have some two smaller maps that works bad like you show and that you may share with me?

@durian: as I wrote in separate topic, thanks for logs. Problem should be solved now
  •  

jusc

I reinstalled it and now it´s the same as in menions screenshot. So it would be ok for me and for sure not ugly  :mrgreen:  but I wonder about "settings" twice on the screen?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

yes twice ... it's a problem.
- if there will be no users, there will be only one - the one in corner. But because of many users, that want to have settings always close, it's needed as main button. Hmm maybe I'll add settings only as one of six buttons, and if someone remove it, it will automatically appear in top.

So if you'll have "Settings" in menu, it will be only in menu. If you remove it, it will be at top. Hmm little magic behind :)

EDIT: and re-install is not needed (it's also weird that it worked for you). Configuration of main menu, top and right panel is now stored in locus/data/config/panels_settings.lb . This also mean that it will be shared between Free/Pro. This remind me that I have to add this directory into backup system
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"...I'll add settings only as one of six buttons, and if someone remove it, it will automatically appear in top...
sounds good!  ;)

tommi

People like to have shortcuts to settings, to maps, to points, to tracks (and possibly to elements) but they need no shortcut to data because data is only half the way.
Actually I hoped a bit that direct access to points, tracks, elements would be possible now with the massive improvements of usability.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"@tramp: I loaded some SQLite maps into my device to test, but I'm not able to simulate your problem. I'm sure it will have something to do with function "autoloading", so if you disable auto-loading of personal maps, it will probably work fine, but it's not an solution. Don't you have some two smaller maps that works bad like you show and that you may share with me?

To explain my personal maps: I have made some overlapping single sqlitedb maps with MOBAC to cover a certain region with all zoom factors. The reason is the limit of downloading tiles from OutdoorActive. These single maps are all in one subdirectory. Locus pro has no problems with this configuration.

BTW you asked OOA long times ago to allow downloading large maps with paying in your store.

1. Yes, if I disable autoloading map then this behavior of loading another map (with the expected zoom factor) has gone.
2. But the other new bug is that Locus does no longer recognize these single maps as belonging together and shows one of these maps with a zoom factor 11-14 but not the others with zoom 15 and zoom 16.
Perhaps this is also the cause to not zoom above 100%. Locus 2.9.2 had not these problems.
If I delete the other maps in this subdir then Locus can zoom again to 200% and 400%.

It is really difficult to explain.
I would send you some maps but they are to big for Dropbox.
Now I am downloading an OOA map with Locus store.
I have a large credit but this does not help here so I need at least two or three days and then these problems with map loading should be gone.

Edit:
After many tries without success I remember why I need these MOBAC generated maps: the frontier between Germany and Austria is in my region and OutdoorActive shows empty or half empty tiles along the frontier so Locus can not display these multilayer (?) maps. We had this discussion last year.

So I have to live with this and to disable autoloading.

Thank you for your patience.

User ID acc406201
  •