.sqlitedb as Overlay not working?

Started by noisyriver, March 07, 2013, 14:43:52

Menion

it's not optimal, that's why it isn't officially in public release, I'm also not satisfied with it ...

algorithm? own :). I was unable find and working solution so I created own. It's not best, but I don't have better ...

Gynta created very nice comparation, so I'll use it and tune shading a little more ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

I quite like the builtin hillshading from hgt... good job!
  •  

Menion

:) thanks. I'm not yet satisfied to publish it, but it's a good way to go I think ... if it will work, I hope I'll be able to apply it on every map type, not just vector
  •  

jjensson

Hi Menion,

This overlay shader stuff is genius! But i noticed that the hillshading takes away much of the contrast of the map. I thought it was some error on my part, but now i notice that your screenshot has the same problem.

May i suggest that you use a different blending mode for the shader overlay, a method that does not lighten the darks (text, lines, etc). In Photoshop terms maybe Soft-Light + a less bright hillshade overlay? Just poking in the dark here... As a brute force method the shader could amplify the contrast a bit, but i don't know if the processing cost wouldn't be too high.

Locus rocks!  :ugeek:
  •  

Menion

I spend quite a lot of time by improving this hillshade system and I think it's going to be ready to publish now :) At least you'll see in next version
  •  

jusc

Can anybody proof, if you can  set
dev_enable_vector_maps_hillshade set to 1
and later set it back to
dev_enable_vector_maps_hillshade set to 0?

Locus crashed after zoom in or out. I had to delete this line completly to get Locus to run again. (Maybe it´s only my phone)
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

hm works here.

start
locus vectormap - locus cycle theme
quit
changed to 1
start
move map
quit
changed to 0
start
move and zoom map
quit

...with both sgs2 devices.

jusc

Did you try zoom in and out? You wrote "move.." And was hillshading definitiv displayed and later not displayed again.
After stopping Locus and changing the settings on SGS2 back to 0 (zero) and restarting Locus the hillshading ist still visible, but Locus doesn´t crash.
The crashs are on the Note2, but this is probably another problem..
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

For me the hillshading on and off on vector maps works. If enabled, hillshading is displayed from zoomlevel 9-15. In level <=8 the world map is displayed, from zoomlevel >=16 no hillshade is not displayed.
  •  

jjensson

Quote from: "menion"I spend quite a lot of time by improving this hillshade system and I think it's going to be ready to publish now :) At least you'll see in next version

Can't wait to see it in action - i have all of Europe in .hgt-files on my extSDcard. I knew i bought the right app for my mapping needs, and i only buy the best ones.  :)
  •  

jusc

Yes, I tried it again. It's ok on SGS2. The other phone does have a problem.
Thanks for double check.
Regards J.
  •  

jjensson

Is it possible to give a coarse ETA for the next update? I'm looking in the app store almost every day but can't find anything.

EDIT: Never mind, i found a bunch of updates. Turns out, Google Play doesn't show updates for Locus, go figure...
  •