"Problem with Map adding"

Started by air7, March 02, 2013, 12:40:55

air7

Hi Menion,
it has been a long time... ;-)
I am still a heavy user of your awesome product (for dirt bike offroad navigation) and love it!
It is one of the top 5 apps on my phone ;-)

Now I have a little problem: after one of the recent updates I get the following error message every time I launch the app: "Problem with Map adding" see screenshot.

[attachment=0:2lixby08]Screenshot_2013-03-02-12-16-52.png[/attachment:2lixby08]

Any ideas?
Thank you in advance, best regards, Volker

Air7.ch
Volker Jacob
http://www.air7.ch
Switched from iPhone4 to Galaxy S2 bcs screen
went on to -->Galaxy Note 2 --> then Note 3 --> now on Note 4 and Cat S40 rugged phone
SW: tried MotionX GPS (iOS), Google tracks and Trimble Outdoors on Android in vain
use Locus Pro since 2011 (internat. and offroad navigation, track record, share)
  •  

Menion

hmm interesting. Mainly it's quite mystery for me, why locus tests you some maps from Locus/mapsOnline directory.

May you please check your menu > maps > tab Personal, top button "Add directory" and if this dialog is line with Locus/mapsOnline directory? If so, please delete it
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

@menion,

is it possible, that the database update, I think there was one in the past, was not made? Or do all newer releases of Locus make an update automaticly if it wasn´t made before?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

and update of what? If I remember correctly,, SQLite maps has no update since begin.
  •  

jusc

ah ok, maybe I missunderstood. But some versions  of Locus ago, there was a redesgin I think. Like: please wait, Locus will now backup your ... generate... or similar (I found a zip file "before conversion..."). Seems it was something else  :)
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

yes this happen, but it was really related only to points and tracks, not to maps. Anyway here it will be different problem, but never saw it before :). I think that just by any accident, cached maps from mapsOnline are added to "Personal" maps and this may cause some troubles
  •  

air7

[attachment=0:9vj095tz]51109.png[/attachment:9vj095tz]

hi, sorry for the late response:
when following your instructions I get to this screen:
What shall I do next?
went on to -->Galaxy Note 2 --> then Note 3 --> now on Note 4 and Cat S40 rugged phone
SW: tried MotionX GPS (iOS), Google tracks and Trimble Outdoors on Android in vain
use Locus Pro since 2011 (internat. and offroad navigation, track record, share)
  •  

Menion

try to tap on line with path to mapsOnline directory and in popup window choose "Delete". After that close Locus, wait a while (5 secs) and then start it again
  •  

air7

Hi Menion,
perfect - that solved it!
No more error messages ;-)
Thank you and best regards, Volker
  •  

Menion

perfect, you're welcome :)
  •  

air7

still my favorite app, see homescreen  ;)
especially because of the great service!
[attachment=0:h34j47w0]Screenshot_2013-03-08-18-27-26.png[/attachment:h34j47w0]
  •  

Bengt

I have exactly the same problem as "air7" described but I can't follow the solution from "menion" because I can't find any "Add directory"-button under "Personal". What am I missing?

Bengt

Phone: Sony Xperia Z1
Version: phone 4.4.4   Locus 3.8.2
Working directory: /storage/emulated/0/Locus
  •  

Michal

Hi Bengt, the button is in the menu in the upper right corner > Add maps > Add new file/directory
PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •