Main Menu

Track color

Started by rkirmeier, February 28, 2013, 19:46:44

rkirmeier

Please add an option to not change track color when your location is directly over it. This really sucks when using off-road in a vehicle when you go on and off the track. In day light it's already hard enough to see the screen so I like to set the track color to stand out but then if I am on of off the track it hard to see one way or another.
  •  

gynta

hi rkirmeier
A nice idea
and for sure i will vote for this,  if you post it here -> //https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics as an idea.

Sometimes it's really useful to see the right direction but my favorite color disappears if i'm on the track.
So an option can help in this case. Maybe in the config.cfg track_highlight=0  default=1

rkirmeier

Added to get satisfaction. Please vote cause this VERY frustrating the why it highlights the track by default.
  •  

Christian

This become an idea. Fine. (I could not vote because i have no 'Spyware' account. But the idea its not built in yet.

Another idea / intent: different colors for different tracks in one display. I know a lot of GPX editors they change the colors of any additionally opened track. So Locus should do this also...
Hope for a fast solution.

(Can anybody put this into satisfaction ? Thanx!)
  •  

Menion

Hmm are you sure? I think this "map_items_track_highlight_enabled" parameter in configuration file should work ...

and what is different colors for different tracks? (btw. something similar is already on GS I think). You want that locus automatically generate some random colors for tracks?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wvb

I think they mean the option to set the highlight color of a track folder.
This way, one could disable highlight for a certain set if tracks by giving it the same color as track.

Currently we only have the option to set the track color of a folder.

Sent from my SGSII CM10 with Tapatalk 2
  •  

Henk van der Spek

map_items_track_highlight_enabled" parameter in configuration file   This works great!
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Christian

Quote from: "enion"Hmm are you sure? I think this "map_items_track_highlight_enabled" parameter in configuration file should work ...
Wich file?

QuoteYou want that locus automatically generate some random colors for tracks?
Yes . When an additional track is on Display...
  •  

tommi

Hi folks,
This can now be done as described with
# enable highlight of tracks when track is selected by map center cursor or tapping (default: 1)
map_items_track_highlight_enabled=1
in config.cfg (cf. http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... ation_file)
  •  

Christian

Thanx tommi for this hint.
But the solution is quite undesirable 'cause the arrows on the track line become green (on green map). So i changed back to '1'.

May be we should separate my wish from this thread because it is a different thing: different colors on different tracks simoultaneously on display (independent of the colour settings for folders / tracks ...)
Any ideas?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "Christian"different colors on different tracks simoultaneously on display (independent of the colour settings for folders / tracks ...)
Any ideas?
Pardon  :?:  :shock:

tommi

Quote from: "Christian"Thanx tommi for this hint.
But the solution is quite undesirable 'cause the arrows on the track line become green (on green map). So i changed back to '1'.
The color of arrows depens on the track color-> change color of track and you will get different color for arrows :)
  •