Symbol 'inheritance' when loading multiple kml files

Started by billvir, February 28, 2013, 17:18:20

billvir

Greetings:

First and foremost, excellent work with this app, by far the best available of its type for android!

Perhaps someone else has has this trouble, although I did not see anything similar in forum search. I have several kml point files that I have exported as kmls from Arcmap. Some of which use themed symbols (either different symbols and or colors, size etc) to represent various pt attributes.

Locus appears to use the symbol defs from the 1st imported kml file for the subsequent kml files. Importing as locus points does not solve the issue as a single symbol must be selected during importation.

Does anyone have any experience with this and possible solutilns?

Thanks in advance.
Bill
  •  

Menion

Hello Bill,
  may you please share some data which I may use for testing? This will help a lot to understand where exactly is problem and mainly to solve this. Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

try to create a kmz file and import this by Locus.

billvir

Greetings Menion:

Thank you for the response. Yes, I can certainly provide you with the data and will email same to you. Do note that I would not expect you to spend too much time on this minor problem that likely is the result of how arcmap is exporting the kml/kmz files.

Expect to receive two files, I'll include a description of each symbol set and perhaps pdfs to better illustrate same.

Best Regards,

Bill
  •