[APP] - version 2.9.X

Started by Menion, February 19, 2013, 13:30:33

Mek

Quote from: "menion"@Mek: cannot confirm. "Clear map cache" for me delete all *sqlitedb files in Locus/mapsOnline. So if I return back, then I see only a small number (it's size of providers.xml file + some icons if you have any)
Yeah, it's this, sorry... I was confused by the size of cached maps not being 0, together with windows explorer in PC somehow showing the files when they were no longer there. Perhaps it could be good to only count "deletable" files into this size? :)
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

voldapet

Quote from: "jusc"Yes me too.
@jusc What is the map (name/source) you used in your previous screen? Does  issue occur in last fix version 2.9.1.1?  It looks little bit different then tommi's blue polygon.
BTW: thanks for previous reports and also for further ones :)
  •  

jusc

Hello voldapet,
thank you for offering help. I just figured it out. It seems at least for me that there was a change in the mapsforge library.
All published Volatile-Themes are working well, but I made a small change for one of the themes for my own two weeks ago and I didnĀ“t remember this.
So I went back to the older version of the theme and now it works as before.  :)

Thank you for your efforts.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "Mek"Yeah, it's this, sorry... I was confused by the size of cached maps not being 0 ...

make sense, done
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

PeterPablo

I observed that in the first buggy 2.9.x version the number of highway-crossings and exits was displayed which made me very happy (vector map of germany, openandromaps, one of the internal styles). With the very last released version those numbers unfortunately vanished. Is this intentional?
  •  

dreamteam

Quote from: "menion"Nice feedback from all, excellent, thanks!

Testing version 2.9.1.1

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8015949/Locus% ... .9.1.1.apk

Sorry for the question - but so far I have not installed a test version of locus yet.

I have the pro version but this version says it is the free version and not installed yet on my phone.

Makes it sense to install it on parallel of my prep version?

Do I mess up anything?

Best regards
Dreamteam

Sent from Galaxy Note with Tapatalk
  •  

Menion

you don't have to worry here. Testing versions overwrites Locus Free, so installed Locus Pro remain untouch.

In this case, this version is not true testing version (which is usually Locus Free with unlocked Pro features for limited time), but because of accident, it's normal Free version, but it doesn't matter too much here.

Anyway it's not a problem to have both versions at once, anyway as I think about it ... hmm because when you install Free version and will still have Pro version, you cannot test if Locus create empty directory after restart. Danm ... dreamteam, seems you wanted to help with testing, but in this case, just leave it be :). It will be little bit complicated to correctly test it now and I don't want to loose some data or cause you some troubles. I believe my fix will work, so check tomorrow new version and if it will not work, we'll discuss next steps ... thanks!
  •  

Maksym

I find 2 bugs.
1. Incorrect distance to next track point during guiding. I make a screenshot. As you can see distance to the next track point is 582 m but at the top of the screen I see 194 m. I don't understand why? Sometimes this distances are the same (as they must be) but sometimes different and I don't know what 194 m means.
[attachment=0:zguxkzis]Screenshot_2013-02-22-15-40-18.png[/attachment:zguxkzis]
2. I select to start GPS always when Locus start. But sometimes Locus starts with GPS off. The problem is when GPS not start automatically blue cursor on screen always has direction to the North (but usually it must show my direction of moving). Even when map rotated it still has direction to the North. Only after restart Locus and automatic GPS start this cursor show my direction. But restart Locus is not easy - I must stop recording track (even if I want to have one track of my trip), wait export it, then read export report, close seport, close Locus, start Locus, begin record new track. On current screenshot cursor works fine.
  •  

Menion

1. check my improved screenshot, that's the value. I used this value for navigation orders etc. Anyway it has no sense if you're not on the track and if you're, then true value has very low difference to mine. So in next version this value will be as expected

2. problem with GPS should be fixed in test version

EDIT: as I see on screenshot, maybe the distance is less real distance along the track, so not exactly one I draw on screenshot, but only between previous red corner and current target
  •  

Menion

Last test version before tomorrow release. Hope that I do not forget on anyone and all reported problems are fixed (at least major once). If anyone want check, here is version.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8015949/Locus% ... 2%20RC.apk
  •  

Mek

Creating new category of points says "Process unsuccessful" but the category is created okay (so tapping OK again says category already exists).
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Maksym

Yes, looks like it's distance between previous and target track point. But in real life sometimes I can't go exactly as track drown and must skip some points - so maybe better if I see distance to next track point :). Sometimes I can go out ftom track point - so distance must increase (now I get something like WRONG DISTANCE).
Thanks.
  •  

Menion

so I really believe that most serious problems will be fixed with new 2.9.2 version and I'll have time on other secret tasks now ;)
  •  

Maksym

Thanks for fixing many bugs in 2.9.2.
Now when BT GPS lost coordinates (for example when undeground) Locus BEEP and vibrate as I select in preferences. But when Locus lost connection with BT GPS (for example when battery discharge or turn BT GPS Off) Locus has only pop-up notification "Connection lost" but no BEEP or vibration. Can you add BEEP also for lost connection with BT GPS? Thanks.
  •  

durian

Locus is getting better and better! One small issue though, the new main menu is very narrow on the left side of the screen. Is there a way to resize it?

-peter
  •