Reboot create an empty Locus Folder on internal SD card

Started by fehrcomp, February 10, 2013, 17:34:27

fehrcomp

Hello everybody! Locus is THE BEST  ;)
My Sgs2, Biftor Rom v. 5.1 (XWLS8), has an internal and external SD card. Locus is installed on the ext. SD. Since a couple of week every time I start the device, there is a freshly created empty /Locus directory on the internal SD card. And when I start Locus it recognize the Locus directory from the internal SD instead the one from the external and Locus start up with the empty internal directory linked.
- I tried do delete the Locus directory
- I used a startup manager for not allowing  Locus to  startup automatic
- reinstalled the app
- canceled the automatic Backup in Locus
Still the same. Maybe the Locus process (which one?) is looking on startup for the Locus directory before my external SD card is ready? Thanks for any help!
  •  

berkley

Hi,
which Locus version are you using?
I remember these problems for this bad behaviour like a couple of weeks ago...
Cheers
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

Ah sorry forget to answer. Thanks to remind berkley.

It's quite nice problem for me. It mean that to your device took really a long time till initialize SD card. Anyway in next version will be some kind of protection against this, so check next release. I'm not sure it will help, but maybe yes.

Anyway as I see, you're using some custom ROM right? In this case, it should be also problem of the ROM, that it takes too long to start work with SD card ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

fehrcomp

Thank you for answering!
I use this version: Locus Pro 2.8.7
Yes, I use a custom Rom (Biftor Rom V5.2, Jelly Bean, with Jeboo Kernel v1.3b+). The problem exist with different XWLS8 Roms on the GT-I9100. I haven't tried it with a stock rom, sorry.
I use a 32 GB Class 10 SD-Card. I tried know to re-formate the SD-Card...

...no success. I will wait until the next version of Locus is out!
  •  

Menion

New release (as dreamteam confirmed) still has this problem. I just now found why this happen so I'll try to solve it till next release (which will be out quite soon due to problem with GPS and some others). So please wait a while till next release again :)
  •  

fehrcomp

Now with the new release (Pro 2.9.1) after booting the divice, Locus still create an empty folder on the internal SD-card. When the media-scanner is finished the message "Doppelter Stammordner gefunden" (English translation = double root folder found) with the indicated paths pop up twice.
Then I start Locus and it is linked to the external SD and is ignoring the empty internal one. I can work with it without any problems.
For me this "workaround" is good enough. The startup message don't bordering me. =  RESOLVED!
Thank you so much!
  •  

Menion

I meant that version 2.9.1 still has this problem. may you please test this version viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2867#p19063 if still suffer from same issue? (and btw. what "workaround" you used?)
  •  

fehrcomp

(with workaround I meant, what ever you have done in 2.9.1)

With the version 2.9.1.2 RC (and deinstalled Locus Pro 2.9.1):

- at every boot an empty /Locus folder on the internal SD-card get created
+ no error messages pop up
+ Locus is selecting the right /Locus folder on the external SD-card

I thing it's ok like this. Thank you again and good lock for all your other "projects"  :!:  :!:

Btw: I'm offline for the next 40 Days. I'm in holidays and will use Locus all the time, for driving, hiking, caching, tracking. :D
  •  

gynta

Hm strange
On both of my SGS2  (one of them is rooted) Locus never create a new dir on my internal sd.
- Maybe a problem the backupmanager?  because i dont have set an automatic task for the backupmanager.
- Or is this only a "custom rom" problem?
- To slow external SD ?
- A corrupted external SD?
- wong cfg?

short version:  i have no clue :)

Menion

it's little bit more complicated here
- locus is registered for receive information that re-boot was completed. After this notification, Locus check if auto-backup is enabled and if so, it define next auto-backup event. If not, nothing more happen. But just to check this, Locus need to initialize at least small core, small part, of application. And here is problem, because in this core is also initialization of root directory. And unfortunately some ROM has problem, that send notification that boot is completed, but as we may see, SD card in this time is not yet ready.

- I'm in 2.9.1.2 check if "External storage" is ready, but seems that by "External storage" is (as expected) mean just internal memory ...

- hmm I'll try to add to Locus some short timeout, that will prevent creating empty dirs immediately after reboot. It will have small side-effect that on such devices will not be able to start Locus immediately after reboot (just few secs), but hope that this will not be huge problem
  •