Switching between points on track

Started by psvo, March 04, 2011, 12:00:50

psvo

Is there some way to switch between points on a track while navigating? What I want to achieve:

I create and save track in Locus. Then I open it and select "navigate". Locus navigates me to the first point on the track and I'm not able to switch to the next one or some other point on the track. Automatic switching works, but I have to start on the first point, beginning in the midle is not possible.

I'm just missing something, or Locus doesn't implement this. Thanks.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  no you're not missing anything. I thought that this feature no one use, so I don't get too much time to it, to create it perfect. So, you told that switching works fine, OK, so I added at least this:
when you select "Guide on" .. guiding will be enabled on nearest point on track from you.

From you mean: When you have enabled GPS, it's you location, if not, it's center cross.

Try and let me know if need any improvements.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

psvo

I tested it today. It works and is much better than before. Thank you for fast solution!

Still it would be better to start on next nearest point on the track, not just the nearest. Maybe it could use distance for automatic switching to decide if it should switch to the nearest point, or the next nearest point on the track. Not sure if it has any sense and maybe it could be easier to add next/previous point manual switching.
  •  

Menion

Hmm, I have to tnik more about any way to switch between points. Main problem is space on screen for some GUI, because there is almost non :)
  •  

psvo

If it helps, first place where I've been looking for it was Locus compass screen.
  •  

Menion

hmm, good idea. Thanks ... I'll think about it
  •