GPS simulation over bluetooth

Started by facio, January 14, 2013, 12:21:40

facio

Hi, I'm new here but I'm using Locus since v0.9.28 (I guess). It's a great app and I use it a lot. Big thanks to the developer  :P

I searched the forum but I didn't find anything to help with my issue. I want to connect Locus with a bluetooth dongle connected to a pc which is running a gps simulation software, for more realistic testings. I have an MSI 3x Btoes 2.0 BT dongle with bluesoleil stacks and I installed on pc some programs like gpsfeed+, virtual gps. I was able for example to send some NMEA sentences to G Earth with gpsfeed and a virtual serial port driver and it worked, but when I tried to connect the phone to gpsfeed via bluesoleil, Locus initialy said "connected to pc" and after 2 seconds "device conection was lost". Quering services for my connected phone in bluesoleil reveal that serial port is not available. It is somehow possible to make this to work, and if yes, what do I need?
Thanks a lot and best regards.
  •  

berkley

If you have NMEA data, you can put one file in "Locus/cache/nmea/". Start Locus. (Re-)Start Locus location and you will be asked if you want to use the NMEA data.
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

facio

Ok, it worked, thank you very much.
  •