Pb to import some kml file

Started by forlax_12, January 12, 2013, 11:27:00

forlax_12

Hi

When i try to import the attached kml file, Locus does'nt import the POI, only the track.
It's strange, because it worked préviously, and work with other kml file.

Best regards
  •  

jusc

The question is, what do you expect?
Regards J.
  •  

forlax_12

There are 30 POI in the kml file, so I expect to import this POI, not only the track !!!
  •  

berkley

This might be right.

Google Earth shows the points:

And Locus only shows 2 Points:

Where did you get this kml file from? Created by yourself?
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

forlax_12

I create this kml myself with google maps.

If i select this file in the Data Items tab, i can see the POI and the track on the map,
But if i use the Import with the Tools Button, Locus doesn't import POI, and i just can select the categorie for the track.

//https://picasaweb.google.com/113991002576283665934/Divers#5832595617559286578
  •  

Menion

hmm file contain one track and x points right? Locus automatically merge points into track if in file is only one track. It's used since I remember, so since old times, when there were not much chances to work with it in different way. Problem here are cases, when you import track that also contain routable data. These data are then stored in points and this file need to be imported as one track together with points (so just as one track object).

Complicated question for me, is how to do it better. Probably import it in same way as now, but with all points and all values attached to points? Hmm ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

Ehm Moment, Locus shows all the points, but it centers on the first track.

BTW, same results when it is loaded as map item...

If you remove the first and only track in Google Earth and export it again, you get can import the points to the category:

Menion, is it possible that Locus only checks if there are tracks OR points in a kml file? Should be points AND tracks...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

berkley

Quote from: "menion"Complicated question for me, is how to do it better. Probably import it in same way as now, but with all points and all values attached to points? Hmm ...

Maybe you have to think about creating a better database system  :mrgreen:
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

forlax_12

Your are right, menion, when i add a second track it's ok.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "forlax_12"There are 30 POI in the kml file, so I expect to import this POI, not only the track !!!
Oh sorry! Cool answer!! But why do you not show us the problem? Say me, why should I waste my time and try to help you next time?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

jusc, I don't fully understand if this was irony or not, to be true ...

berkley, nonsense, database is fine ;)

back to point. I finally took your file and tested it by myself. If you import this file and zoom out a little (wrong zoom after import - first found issue), you'll see that together with track are imported also all point!!! Problem here is only that points are included in track! and not as a separate points in database (second "issue")
  •  

forlax_12

Thank for your answer menion

With the latest verions of Locus (2.8.5) is not possible to import a kml file with one track and some points.
After importation there are no track and no point.

Best regards
  •  

Menion

are you sure? I'm testing it and no problem with your file ...

did you tested same file you posted here or any other?
  •  

forlax_12

Yes I tried with the same file I sent, and with other kml file with one track and some points.
And the dialog wich display the result of the importation just have a black bar with the text Imported and a cross to close the dialog, and nothing else.
  •  

Menion

ah damn, you're correct. I wanted to fix problem with incorrect zoom and center after import of your file and this happen, anyway it's funny

- if you import whatever, but you have "display after import" enabled, all works
- if you import:
one point - works
more points - works
more tracks - works
one track, no points - works
one track, some points - not work :)
  •