Center Map on finger tap

Started by eldron, January 10, 2013, 18:52:40

eldron

Hi menion,
there is currently only one function that i am missing in locus:
I used to use a different map app before and loved the fact that i could click anywhere to center the map on that point. I find that a lot more practical when i want to center the map on a specific point (e.g. to place a Waypoint there or just to see the distance to that point). So i was wondering if you could maybe create an option to center the map on where you tap (or double tap)?
I am sure I wouldn´t be the only one to find this practical.
  •  

tommi

Hi eldron,
your feature is already implemented for a long time: Locus Settings / Map-control & panels / The style map control -> Google
  •  

jusc

Are you sure? For me it doesn't work.
Regards J.
  •  

eldron

Hi tommi,
I am already using the google control style, but a single tap on the map does not do anything. I would like a single (or double tap) to center the map onto the point where i tapped, instead of having to swipe the map until the desired point is in the center.
Currently a double tap with the google control style zooms in.
  •  

Menion

you wrote that you used this in other apps - and isn't happening quite often, that you tap on any place instead of icon (for example) and you move map even if you don't want? I can imagine usage of this, because often you tap on any icon, or track and not everytime you hit it perfectly
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

Hi menion,
I never had the problem of not hitting the button and thereby accidently moving the map to a differnt place, but i see your point. Maybe it´s possible to just add it as an option that can be switched off? Or having to use double tap to activate it? As i said before, i think it makes placing a waypoint much easier and is a great way of instantly checking the distance to a certain point by just tapping on it.
  •  

Menion

eldron, I'm not sure about this. So for this idea, you'll need more votes if you want to realize it. GetSatisfaction is correct place for this
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •