Main Menu

Changelog

Started by eldron, January 10, 2013, 09:19:00

eldron

Hi,
I wasn´t sure where to post this, so i put it here.
It might just be me, but i like reading changelogs to see what has changed before Updating to a new Version, to see which features were added, which bugs were fixed and so on.
In the Appstore I can only get the changelog for the last version, but as this great app gets very regular Updates it can easily happen that i missed out on several Updates before installing the latest version.
There used to be a changelog post under Features / News, but that stops at Version 2.5.5. (August 2012)
Am I being blind and there is an up-to-date changelog somewhere else?
If not it would be great if the changelog could be updated.
  •  

Menion

Hello Eldron,
  complete actual changelog isn't available, but directly in Locus is changelog for few last versions. If you start Locus, then in menu > Locus > About application, is tab "News".
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

Thanks for the quick reply,
any chance to get the changelog back on the website to be able to read the changelog before Updating and to have a better overview over added features? This obivously doesn´t have a high priority, but i guess it wouldn´t be much work, as you write the changelogs anyway to post them in the appstore and inside the app.
Once again i´d like to thank you for providing such a great app with constant development and a lightning quick support - a lot of big software companies could learn from you!
  •  

Menion

I'll think about it. Reasons you write are clear

And you're welcome. When you like your work (like me this), all is much easier ;)
  •  

franc

Hello

some news in this question?
There is only the ChangeLog in Locus or is it now on the website somewhere?
Here some of the last changelogs from the app attached.
There are these links in the news about changelog, maybe to put just in each post a link to the previous newslink of changelog or better all older links in a history view?
Maybe there already is this site, but not findable in search:

http://www.locusmap.eu/?s=changelog
QuoteSearch Results for: changelog
Nothing found

frank
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •  

Menion

hmm no news, sorry.

Best way - for example to see complete changelog for next 2.19.0 version that will come, you should read all changes here http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3613.0
  •