Change path for gcFieldNotes.txt

Started by marram, December 25, 2012, 21:05:46

marram

Hi,

is possible to user change of path for saving gcFieldNotes.txt? I like to synchronize it to my PC (for some personal reasons), but on new phone it is stored in directory where sync program cant synced. :(

/mnt/emmc/Locus/..

Sync program can sync only /mnt/sdcard/..

Thanks, Martin (marram.cz)
  •  

Menion

Hi Martin,
  how is it possible that your sync program do not have access to root directory of Locus? It's of course possible to create such configuration, but much easier will be to set your sync software to correct path
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

Maybe you can extend Locus Actions to do uploads?
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:locus_actions
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

heh, this is really crazy idea and also quite dangerous ... imagine someone point you to web page where will be "action" give me you points database. Anyway your solution is like with cannon on birds :)
  •  

marram

Today I try new Beta version of syncing program (SugarSync) and now I can sync /emmc/ too. :) Now I have only small problem that I have to sync whole Locus folder, because gcFieldNotes.txt is in root directory, but this is not big problem.

Thanks for your time.
  •  

druki

Have you considered using an other sync app like Folder Sync? This has powerful filters.
  •  

marram

Thanks, I will try Folder Sync, but now is SugarSync OK. Other functions of SugarSync are for me ideal.
  •  

DougPeterson

When I bought my new tablet, I found the external sdcard was no longer mounted underneath the internal sdcard.  It was only accessible through /mnt.  Some applications restrict the filesystem to the internal sdcard and what is underneath it.  In other words, they prevent browsing the root of the filesystem so it is not possible to see /mnt.  At that point those applications (like SugarSync) can no longer see the external sdcard.  This was my problem as well.  

My solution was to root the tablet and install a script manager.  I wrote a one line shell script to remount the external card underneath the internal card.  A technically better solution would be to edit the equivalent fstab to mount the external card natively there.  I was not sure I completely understood it at the time so I went with the quicker solution, at least for me.

Thank you,

Doug Peterson
  •  

Menion

hmm this is crazy complicated. You also did this because of need to synchronize gcFieldNotes.txt file?
  •  

DougPeterson

I used SugarSync on my phone to back up many files, many of which were on my external card.  I had less memory internally with my tablet and more memory on the external card.  Coincidentally gcFieldNotes.txt was one.  Backing up my apk and data files was more important.
  •