Add link to App and shortcut please

Started by rkirmeier, December 21, 2012, 04:59:41

rkirmeier

Can you expand the "Add link to App" option to include application shortcuts too please?
  •  

Menion

not understand, sorry. When you tap on "Add link to App", you're able to choose from all applications you have installed, don't you?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

I also read this twice before I understood but he means application _shortcuts_.
  •  

Menion

and what is shortcut? Shortcut on home screen are also created from some list of applications, so it's same for right panel.
  •  

tommi

Yes and no, from a shortcut e.g. to Dropbox app I can choose a certain folder or from a shortcut to Google Books I can choose a certain book. This is not possible if I just choose an app.
  •  

rkirmeier

Shortcuts can extend beyond just opening an app. Many apps provide short cuts to enable direct functionality of the app. In my case I use Locus on my motorcycle and snowmobile. I'd like to add shortcuts to control music so I don't need to switch between apps. May plan is to use some tasker shortcuts to play/pause, skip, etc.

Thanks!
  •  

berkley

Menion, you as a developer should know this ;)

Install Go Launcher, long-press a free space on the screen and choose "Add Shortcut"... :D
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

Ah I never used these shortcuts so I completely forget it exists

In this case, I really suggest to put this idea on GetSatisfaction because it's really not task on five minutes

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  •  

rkirmeier

Added to getsatisfaction.

Everyone please vote! https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... _shortcuts
  •