Cannot Find Place to Edit Waypoint

Started by DougPeterson, December 08, 2012, 14:13:40

DougPeterson

I had updated to Locus Pro 2.8.0.  I was trying to add a waypoint.  The coordinates for the waypoint were no longer displayed on the screen.  I seemed to only be able to pick a method for adding a waypoint, such as the center of the map.  I tried editing an existing waypoint and it was the same situation.  Has this coordinate editing capability been moved some place else or been removed?  Am I missing something here?

I was trying to add the waypoint as part of a multi-stage geocache.  It is not easy to do a multi-stage or puzzle cache without this capability.  I had a backup file for the prior version of Locus which I restored in order to continue.

Thank you,

Doug Peterson
  •  

Menion

Hi Doug,
  when you tap on black pen next to place where were coordinates before, you get dialog for picking location, like you wrote. There is ability to pick "map center" but also button with coordinates. By this, you'll be able to edit coordinates as before. Found it?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

DougPeterson

I had tried a couple of different options from that selection screen to see if any revealed the coordinates.  I had thought I selected the one that said Coordinates but I clearly had not or at least "missed" when I tried.  I can see the coordinates now.  Thank you for the prompt clarification.

Doug Peterson
  •  

Menion

ok moment, I'm not sure I understand

1. tap on point and in submenu, press edit
2. in edit screen, search for line with "location" label and small text field with "coordinates" and black pen on right. Press this pen (edit)
3. you should see this http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... ion_dialog . If you miss "Coordinates" button (bottom right corner on screenshot), just tap on top pen icon, to add coordinates to screen.
4. tap on "Coordinates" button now allow you to edit coordinates of waypoint
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hi Menion,
i found a little bug, see screenshot ;-))
[attachment=0:2djqxeej]SS.png[/attachment:2djqxeej]

Another question:
The waypointname is allways preselected (date/time), is it possible to delete and overwright this by one klick, similar the aditional discription?
or can i deselect these date/time string?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •